Nico Cafe Review: Pretty Floral Cafe @ East Coast

by - April 19, 2024

nico-cafe-east-coast-review

Located at Telok Kurau, nestled within the East Coast area, Nico Cafe has been on my radar for over two years now. I've been patiently waiting for the hype to simmer down before paying a visit, and I finally did yesterday!

One notable aspect of Nico Cafe is its numerous Instagram-worthy corners within its spacious 45-seater capacity. However, compared to the pictures I had seen previously, the cafe appears to be a bit cluttered now.

nico-cafe-interior

It's a mishmash of Chinese New Year and Christmas decorations that haven't been taken down, with equipment and supplies scattered around. Despite this, the entrance still maintains its charm, with a lovely table and bench perfect for photo opportunities. Additionally, the cafe is pet-friendly and often frequented by cute cats and dogs.

nico-cafe-cheesy-melt-toast

The menu at Nico Cafe boasts an array of all-day brunch options. Opting for the Cheesy Melt Toast (S$17), I was greeted with a delightful combination of mozzarella, Monterey Jack cheese, and red onions. The dish also comes with a tomato basil soup.

The toast was expertly toasted and buttered, although I was slightly disappointed by the lack of cheese pull—the mozzarella tended to break apart rather than stretch. Nevertheless, the dish was undeniably cheesy, and dipping it into the tangy tomato basil soup provided a refreshing contrast, making it a satisfyingly filling meal, worth the price IMO.

nico-cafe-carbonara-ravioli

My friend opted for the Carbonara Ravioli (S$19), featuring bacon, house-made garlic cream, balsamic, and cheese ravioli. The dish boasted a rich creaminess that was both indulgent and satisfying. While the savoury taste of the meat was slightly overshadowed by the dish's creaminess, it was a minor quibble, given the overall deliciousness of the dish.

nico-cafe-coffee

I also got myself an iced Latte (S$50). It's creamy and sweet and really easy to drink, and I appreciate the affordable price. I actually took some time to finish this drink as I was full from my meal.

nico-cafe-exterior

Despite the minor clutter and decor mishaps, I would still consider returning to Nico Cafe, primarily for its generous portions and reasonable prices. The ambience is quiet and laid-back, with ample seating and plenty of opportunities for photos. It's definitely a spot worth revisiting, especially for a cosy date.

Nico Cafe @ East Coast
Address: 224 Telok Kurau Road, #01-01, Singapore 423836
Opening hours: Wed-Mon 9am to 5:30pm
Telephone: +65 8338 8511
Website


Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out these other cafes located in East CoastFollow my Instagram @faithjoanchuaLemon8TikTok, and YouTube for more content.

You May Also Like

0 comments