Top 3 Meal Replacement Brands In Singapore

by - April 03, 2021

Best Singapore Meal Replacement Brands

best meal replacement brands sg

Hey friends!

Happy April! Hope 2021 has been treating all of you well, and I'm glad to be kicking off a great April with my first post of the month.

So I just survived an intense internship, and it took a major toll on my body - physically, mentally and emotionally. It was just a really tough time for me. I skipped meals most of the days, and if I did eat, it was either cup noodles or bread. I lost so much weight as well.

At one point I was really struggling to eat well and was starting to have bad gastric. I still didn't have time to eat - if I did eat, I wouldn't be able to finish my work for the day - but I knew I had to eat or my gastric would worsen. So my boyfriend suggested that I take meal supplements throughout the course of my internship, just to tide me through.

I tried a few different meal replacement brands, and out of all of them, these three were my fav! I'll be sharing my favourite flavours from each of the brands as well.

*Note: not all brands are from Singapore, but you can get them in Singapore or have them shipped to Singapore.

1. Sustenance Singapore

sustenance singapore review
So I actually tried Sustenance Singapore because they reached out to me for sponsorship. They were launching a few flavours and wanted me to review and give them some feedback as well. Turns out the Sustenance Shakes were AMAZING and I absolutely loved it. My favourite flavour was the Extra Rich Cacao, which went perfectly with milk. The Original was alright too, but if you crave something sweet, the cacao one really satisfies. It tasted almost like a Starbucks drink!

The meal shakes come in three different types - Essential Shakes (value for money for casual health enthusiasts), Signature Shakes (for nutrition nerds) and Low Carb Signature Shakes (for the carb-conscious).

Price-wise, I think Sustenance Shakes are priced decently, starting from S$29.50 for the Bundle of 5. That's S$5.90 for a meal!

Highlights: Low-calorie, delicious natural flavours, 100% natural ingredients
Price: From S$5.90/meal
Recommended flavours: Extra Rich Cacao

2. Herbalife Nutrition

herbalife nutrition shakes review
Okay, so, there's a lot of controversy surrounding this brand, so please try it only if you really want to. Apparently, Herbalife was considered an illegal scheme in Belgium, and it's also an MLM, BUT - hear me out, they seem to be doing a lot better now and also have a physical store in Singapore, and we all know how strict Singapore is with businesses so I think there's no harm trying.

I was introduced to the Herbalife Nutritional Shake Mix by my boyfriend's mother over the Circuit Breaker. She bought two Formula 1 flavours - Dutch Chocolate Flavour and Cookies n' Cream, as well as the Formula 3 Personalized Protein Powder. I typically drink the nutritional shake on its own, but after exercising I may add in the protein powder.

I didn't like the shakes with water, but with milk, they were really good especially the Cookies n' Cream. There were also these little chunky bits inside the shake that I enjoyed.

Highlights: Supports weights management and weight loss, has a mix of protein, carbs, vitamins and herbs
Price: From S$32.50 (550g) on Shopee
Recommended flavours: Dutch Chocolate Flavour and Cookies n' Cream

3. MYPROTEIN

myprotein meal replacement blend
MYPROTEIN was introduced by my boyfriend because he consumed it a lot during his pageant days. He got me the MYPROTEIN Protein Meal Replacement Blend and we tried the Chocolate, Vanilla and Strawberry flavours. One thing to take note of is that the flavours are very, very sweet. Sometimes quite overwhelmingly sweet and almost a little artificial-tasting. Usually, I'd put less powder and more milk in my shakes.

MYPROTEIN is also the priciest on this list due to it being a rather reputable brand. Also, it ships from the UK so it takes around two weeks for it to arrive.

Highlights: Vegetarian-friendly, high in protein and fibre
Price: From S$41.99 (500g)
Recommended flavours: Chocolate and Strawberry

So there you have it, my three top meal replacement and meal supplement brands in Singapore! For now, my favourite is still Sustenance Singapore due to their ingredients being 100% natural and also the reasonable price. But of course, we all have our own preferences so feel free to try the three and figure out which suits you best!

See you next post (:

Faithfully yours,


Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below. Follow my Instagram @faithjoanchua and YouTube for more content.

You May Also Like

3 comments