Fluffy Souffle Pancakes @ Flipper's Singapore Food Review

by - April 11, 2021

Flipper's Singapore Fluffy Pancake Review

flippers-singapore-review

Hey friends!

I've been waiting to write this review about Flipper's forever. It's so incredibly hard to get a reservation there so I was so happy when I finally visited.

Flipper's is this super trendy fluffy pancake cafe located at Ngee Ann City. Ever heard of Japanese souffle pancakes? Those are the ones I'm talking about!
flippers-ngee-ann-city-review
You can make a reservation at Flipper's here.

My reservation was on a Sunday afternoon, and Flipper's was packed! I guess the branding for this place is yellow because the whole cafe was decked in this bright lemony colour. The vibes of the cafe were also cheerful with lots of families and friends together and music blasting.
flipper's-pancake-review
You can view Flipper's menu below!
flipper's menu sg
My boyfriend and I already decided that we had to try at least one pancake each from the savoury and sweet section. Our eyes were instantly drawn to the Meal Souffles first because it was lunchtime and we were craving savoury food, so we ordered the Egg Benedict Souffle Pancake (S$22.80) and Honey Chicken Souffle Pancake (S$22.80). We also topped up S$6 to get the soup of the day and a drink (a latte).

The soup of the day was a tomato soup which was thick and delicious. Wouldn't say it was mind-blowingly tasty, but it was very appetising. The latte was great too, although it took a while to come.
flipper's-tomato-soup
The Egg Benedict Souffle Pancake was delicious! Honestly, it tasted exactly like a superbly done eggs benedict, and there were so many ingredients on top that I forgot it was a pancake. The egg yolk was jiggly and flowed smoothly down when broken, and that creamy texture went so well with the sweet avocado and tangy tomatoes. And the salad was amazing! The sesame dressing was umami to the bomb and the vegetables were the soft kind, not the hard lettucy kind that you'd get served beside a club sandwich.
flippers-savoury-meal-pancakes
My boyfriend got the Honey Chicken Souffle Pancake and I had a bite, and my, it was soooooo good! While the eggs benedict one was creamier and more muted, this one was sweet with a mix of sour and salty. The taste was stronger. I think individually, the sausages and bacon and eggs were only so-so, but together they made the entire dish really good.

For sweets, we ordered the Kiseki Pancake Hazelnut Chocolate (S$21.80) with extra chocolate cream (S$2.80) and extra hazelnut cream (S$2.80). Okay so, this was an extremely sweet dish and we lowkey regret getting extra cream. The caramelised banana was very sweet too. For the sweet pancakes, I felt like we could really feel the softness of the souffle pancakes much better compared to the savoury ones. It was also so jiggly! But don't be fooled by how light it looks because it's super filling!
flippers-hazelnut-pancake
I really enjoyed my experience at Flipper's and the pancakes really live up to the hype. My ever-fussy boyfriend even named Flipper's as the place with the best pancakes in Singapore. It really reminded me of my favourite pancake place in the entire world, Happy Pancakes in Japan. I'm really glad that I won't need to book a flight just to taste those fluffy souffles now!

If you know about another great fluffy pancake place in Singapore, please recommend it in the comments below. Thanks for reading and see you next post~

Flipper's Singapore
Address: 391A Orchard Rd, #B1-56 Ngee Ann City, S238873

Faithfully yours,


Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out these cool high tea places. Follow my Instagram @faithjoanchua and YouTube for more content.

You May Also Like

0 comments