New York Skin Solutions Review: Activ-Clear Acne Treatment

by - May 16, 2021

New York Skin Solutions Activ-Clear Acne Treatment

new-york-skin-solutions-review

Hey friends!

A while back I decided to go for a facial because my face was breaking out like crazy. It's been about a year since my last facial and my skin was getting really bad with all the blackheads and oiliness from wearing masks every day. It was quite difficult trying to find a place because (1) I'm a cheapskate and won't pay more than S$50 for a facial, and (2) I don't have a good impression of many beauty salons due to the hard selling culture.

So anyway, I did a quick lookup on facial treatments around my area (I live in Marymount) and saw this treatment from New York Skin Solutions. So here's the thing, my initial impression of them was that they're dodgy, and the kind to hard-sell to customers. I just had a bad first impression for whatever reason la, I also don't know why. But I saw that they had this S$38 first-time promotion for the Activ-Clear Acne Treatment and it was well within my budget, so I thought okay, let's just try it out. I did have a few friends who went for their first-time customer facial promotion as well and said it was really good.

New York Skin Solutions @ Novena Square

new-york-skin-solutions-novena
So I booked a facial at their Novena Square branch on a weekday afternoon. When I went, the place was rather crowded and there were many customers inside, so I was like, oh cool, people do come here! What surprised me was that there was also a mix of male and female customers, of different ages.

New York Skin Solutions consultation


After registration, I was ushered into a room to meet my consultant, who went through a quick questionnaire with me regarding my skin concerns, any allergies, and so on. Then she did a quick skin diagnosis using this cool macro lens on different parts of my skin such as my forehead, nose, cheeks, and chin. This was actually the coolest (and scariest) part because I saw my skin up-close for the first time and HATED IT. It was so clogged, uneven, and inflamed!
new-york-skin-solutions-novena-review
Apparently, I had a shit ton of blackheads and whiteheads that needed to be extracted, and it was clogging my pores and making them larger than they should be. So my consultation suggested I try the Activ-Clear Acne Treatment to extract them out. This treatment was meant to treat pimples, acne, and oily skin, which made it perfect for me.

New York Skin Solutions Activ-Clear Acne Treatment


Once the consultation was done, I was shown to their rooms to get changed. The rooms here were pretty simple and small, but that didn't really matter to me. So the 90-minute facial started off nice with a cleanser and aromatic massage, and then the extraction. The extraction hurt like hell and I was crying for the most part, and apologizing to my consultant for being a weakling. Thank goodness she was very assuring though, and just kept telling me that it was okay and that she sees her customers cry all the time LOL.
new-york-skin-solutions-treatment-review
I was honestly expecting the extraction to go much longer, but it lasted only about 10-15 minutes. After this, they put me under this cooling steamer thing to soothe my pores and let it rest. That took about 20 minutes, which was when I fell asleep!

Now on to my favorite part - doing the mask! This treatment had this cool double-masking process where they first put a mint mask to soothe and calm my skin, and then a second cold mask on top to purify it. The mask covered my eyes and my lips so I was mummified, and I understand some people may find this uncomfortable especially if you're claustrophobic. It was alright for me and I liked the cooling effect the mask had on my face. This was put on me for about 20 minutes, and then gently peeled off.

Finally, they put on toner on my face and I was done!

Before I left, my consultant asked if I was looking for anything from them (I think they meant if I wanted to buy a package?) and I said not for now. They also knew I was a student, so I think it was because of this that they didn't attempt to sell me anything. I was pretty happy that I didn't have to end off a great facial with an annoying hard sell!

New York Skin Solutions Activ-Clear Acne Treatment results


Once I reached home, I scrutinized my face from top to bottom and I was really satisfied. Although my skin was still quite red from the extraction, you could clearly see that my pores were cleared. The blackheads on my nose were almost entirely gone, as well as the whiteheads on my chin. I was SHOOK to the max because this was the first time my skin looked so clear!
new-york-skin-solutions-activ-clear-acne-review
When I was applying my own skincare that night over my face, I could also feel that my complexion was instantly smoother. There were not as many bumps as before the facial. It felt nice!

Ironically, I now wish they actually asked me if I wanted to buy a package. I looked up on Google and saw that they had a package of 10 facials for about S$300++. The only issue is that with the Phase 2 Heightened Alert kicking in, New York Skin Solutions won't be operating for now until 13 June. I'll probably book another facial with them once they reopen!

Of course, this is my own subjective experience of my facial treatment at New York Skin Solutions' Novena branch. My experience was great, and I would love to go again! Based on my experience, I would highly recommend visiting them for a facial, especially if you're looking for something efficient and affordable.

Till then, see you next post!


Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out this Amber Beila facial review. Follow my Instagram @faithjoanchua and YouTube for more content.

You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. Goodness! Incredible Post. I truly discovered this such a lot of informatics. It is the thing that I was looking for I might want to recommend you that if it's not too much trouble, continue to share Such sort of data. Much thanks.
    acne treatment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very informative and impressive post you have written,
    this is quite interesting and I have gone through it completely, an upgraded information is shared, and keep sharing such valuable information!!!
    DOES FEMALE MASTURBATION CAUSE HORMONAL IMBALANCE

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dermatologist recommended to me dermalmd acne serum. I don't have bad acne but at 65 years young I shouldn't have ANY! This really helps my small outbreaks. There is no scent, it is a light gel, and I don't use it in a large enough area to know if it moisturizes. That's not what I bought it for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Consult the best doctors for Vitiligo Ayurvedic Treatment in Delhi
    India. Book a Free online Consultation for Vitiligo Treatment in Delhi.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Beautiful place where you get more insight about skincare and face treatment ideas
    loved your post about easy and inexpensive skincare tips. I appreciate your suggestions Lip enhancement surgery
    Chin Augmentation
    U.S. Board certified Plastic & cosmetic
    surgeon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was cured___________Sure Treatment for herpes!!

    Please contact:

    Email R.buckler11 (((gmail……com)))

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete