Equate Coffee Review: Chio Cafe With Hearty Sando @ Somerset

by - March 04, 2024

equate-coffee-review

Hey, Faithfuls! It's been long since I blogged because life has just been so effing busy. I haven't even gotten the time to go cafe hopping recently, but I did have time to drop by Equate Coffee after my barre lessons to have a quick dinner.

equate-coffee-somerset (1)

Equate Coffee has another branch at Tanjong Pagar but they opened their second branch at Orchard Central early this year. This cafe's aesthetic game is strong, boasting a minimalistic industrial vibe that's both chic and Instagram-worthy. Imagine stepping into an upside-down world where trees defy gravity, with planted roots shooting up in a mesmerizing installation.

equate-coffee-interior (1)

The cafe is work-friendly and I did see a couple of people on their laptops, but I also noticed that there were no charging ports in the space.

equate-coffee-truffle-pasta (1)

Now, onto the real star of the show—THE FOOD. The menu here focuses on brunch eats, pastries, and coffee. I tried their Cold Truffle Pasta (S$15.80), featuring capellini pasta in truffle dashi sauce, adorned with umami kombu powder, raw scallops, and tobiko.

equate-coffee-sando (1)

The cafe is also known for their sando, and most of them are affordably priced under S$20. I dove into the Spam Truffle Egg Mayo (S$13.80), featuring crispy house-made Shokupan bread, thick soft spam, and a truffle egg mayo that hits all the right creamy notes without making a mess. Oh, the joys of a sandwich that stays intact!

Then there's the Happy Belly (S$15.80) sando, featuring hashbrowns, pork bacon, scrambled eggs, and a house-made sriracha sour cream sauce. And can we take a moment to appreciate the bread? It was toasted to perfection, buttered just right, and oh-so-fluffy. I also appreciate the sando's hearty potions, which were generous enough to leave me happily full.

I didn't get coffee during this particular visit, but I have heard good things about their matcha lattes, including their Dirty Matcha (S$8), available only as an iced beverage. They also have filter coffee, cold brews, and teas.

If you find yourself wandering around Orchard Central, give Equate Coffee a try! I'd say their food is pretty affordable for cafe food, and I found their food really delicious too. They're definitely worth a visit and I'd come here again. See you next post!

Equate Coffee @ Orchard Central
Address: 181 Orchard Road, #01-17A, Orchard Central, Singapore 238896
Opening hours: Daily 9am to 10pm
Website



Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out this Coexist Coffee Co. review. Follow my Instagram @faithjoanchua, Lemon8, TikTok, and YouTube for more content.

You May Also Like

0 comments