Overscoop Review: Ice Cream Mochi Waffles @ Clementi

by - April 21, 2024

overscoop-west-coast-plaza-review

Hey there, Faithfuls! I recently had the pleasure of visiting Overscoop, a minimalist ice cream cafe nestled in Clementi's West Coast Plaza. Although I've walked past their Orchard branch before, this was my first time actually trying their ice cream!

overscoop-west-coast-plaza

Overscoop isn't the biggest cafe, but they do have a charming glasshouse aesthetic. Despite its petite size, the cafe exudes an airy charm with cloud decor suspended from the ceiling and twinkling fairy lights, creating a somewhat ethereal atmosphere. You can probably snap some chio pics here if you try.

overscoop-interior

Seating is a tad limited indoors, accommodating around five groups, but fear not, there are additional seats outside. However, be mindful of the weather; while it's a cosy spot on rainy days, it can get a tad steamy on humid afternoons.

overscoop-ice-cream

FYI, "overscoop" refers to the mini scoop perched atop any flavour from their enticing ice cream display. Overscoop's flavour selection is diverse, ranging from Bubblegum and Mint Cookie Chip to English Earl Grey.

overscoop-food-review

Opting for the Buddy Set (S$17.80), my cousin and I savoured a delectable Mochi Waffle paired with their classic Salted Caramel ice cream and an overscoop of Roasted Pistachio.

overscoop-waffle

I wished for a saltier and more pronounced flavour from the salted caramel, as it was slightly overshadowed by the nuttiness of the pistachio ice cream.

overscoop-mochi-waffle

However, the Mochi Waffle defo stole the show. Crisp on the outside with a stretchy and soft mochi interior, it was a nice blend of textures.

overscoop-acai

As part of the set, we also had the Over Acai Bowl. The sweet acai base, reminiscent of Ribena, was complemented by granola, grapes, sliced bananas, blueberries, and cocoa nibs. The cocoa nibs offered a slightly bitter note, perfect for fans of dark chocolate.

Do note that this ice cream waffle and acai set is only available on weekdays!

overscoop-menu

I'm already looking forward to my next visit to Overscoop, although I might explore a different outlet next time. The mochi waffles were my favourite and I believe they're among the best out there. If you share my love for mochi waffles and acai, I highly recommend giving Overscoop a try!

Overscoop @ West Coast Plaza
Address: 154 West Coast Road, #B1-57, West Coast Plaza, Singapore 127371
Opening hours: Daily 11:30am to 10:30pm
Telephone: +65 9459 3719
Website


Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out this Under Der Linden review. Follow my Instagram @faithjoanchuaLemon8TikTok, and YouTube for more content.

You May Also Like

0 comments