Under Der Linden @ One North: Flower Cafe Food Review

by - October 07, 2022

under-der-linden-review

Hey, Faithfuls! Time for another blog review and today we'll be reviewing a gorgeous but really out-of-the-way cafe called Under Der Linden. They've actually been around for a while, and I've heard of them since early 2022, but they're located at One North, which is quite far from where I stay. Anyway, I finally managed to convince my boyfriend to come to Under Der Linden with me, so we made a reservation for a Sunday evening.

under-der-linden-inside

It was raining when we were there, which was a shame because we could have taken some really gorgeous outdoor pictures. The garden surrounding Under Der Linden is beautiful, filled with fairy lights and flowery decor. Just look at the pictures—I won't need to say more.

under-der-linden-garden

There's even another small section at the back where you can attend flower arrangement workshops.

under-der-linden-interior

We were ushered inside since it was raining quite heavily. The inside is a lot dimmer than the outside, especially when there isn't much natural light streaming in. We got a nice cosy spot for two and sat down to order.

Browsing through the menu, I realised that the food was quite expensive. I was expecting this but wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt. After all, the food could be really delicious, or the portions could be generous.

My Nduja Ragu Pappardelle (S$22) came first. It consisted of spiced pork sausages and Pecorino Romano cheese. The flavours were a little mild for my liking, and I would have liked the pasta to be a little creamier (it was a little watery). Portion-wise—I'll just say I've had more generous portions.

under-der-linden-pasta

My boyfriend got the Forest Mushroom Risotto (S$24), which came with shiitake mushrooms, shimeiji, and white corn. According to him, it tasted pretty good, but the portion was very small.

under-der-linden-risotto

View the menu for Under Der Linden


By the time we finished both our mains, we were already thinking of where to have seconds. As we were thirsty, we got a drink each. I had the Chocolate (S$7), an iced beverage, which was really sweet but in a good way. You could also pour the melted chocolate into the milk by yourself.

under-der-linden-chocolate

My boyfriend had the Mocha ($7), which came served the same way as my chocolate. The drinks were undeniably good, but we could have gotten something similar at Starbucks too.

under-der-linden-mocha

Honestly, I was quite disappointed. I know I only tasted a few dishes so it may be quite unfair to label this cafe as bad, but I think anyone who wants to visit should just stick to dessert or coffee. If you're really hungry and want to fill your stomach, this is not the place for you. I believe their desserts are not bad (based on online reviews), and I wouldn't mind coming back to try them! But for mains, I'll be giving them a hard pass.

That's all for today's review, see you next post!

Make a reservation for Under Der Linden


Under Der Linden @ One North
Address: 5B Portsdown Rd, Singapore 139311
Telephone: +65 9838 2977



Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out this Le Jardin review. Follow my Instagram @faithjoanchua and YouTube for more content.

You May Also Like

0 comments