The Fullerton Hotel Staycation & Celebrating My 23rd Birthday!

by - October 19, 2019


I finally turned 23 this year!

My birthday this year was especially important as it was the first that my boyfriend and I would be spending together. I knew he put in a lot of effort, and I also knew that he knew that I hated my birthday. Why - you ask? Because every year on my special day,  I tend to have certain expectations or hopes that my friends would do something for me, but most of the time they don't.

I know it's mainly my fault that I have such high expectations - after all, no one owes me anything. But that's kinda just the way I am.

Thankfully, my 23rd birthday was a blast, and it was all thanks to my very amazing boyfriend!!

Birthday Celebration Part 1: The Pet Cafe


My boyfriend cabbed us down to Bugis+ at around 2 in the afternoon, and I was really curious because Bugis wasn't really a significant place for us, except that it was the place where I brought him to meet my mom for the first time.

Initially I had already suspected that he was going to bring me on a staycation, but I just didn't know where. So when he mentioned Bugis, I was thinking, oh perhaps we were going to Hotel G or something? But then we entered the mall and he pressed the lift up to Level 7...

...and brought me here!!


So some context - I've been bugging my boyfriend for the longest time to bring me to We The Furballs (WTF), a dog petting cafe in Singapore. So this was really a pleasant surprise!

We paid S$20++ for two people inclusive of entry (2 hours) and a free drink. We also bought a shit ton of doggie treats which cos $S3 each because let's be honest - the 10 residential dogs don't give a crap about you if you don't feed them.

My favourite dog, Woolly!
I've been to WTF before and I generally love the experience there. The dogs are adorable, and it's just an overall very relaxing environment where you can pet them while a chill Spotify playlist plays in the background. There are also boardgames for you to play for free!


I had a great time at WTF with my boyfriend, and my birthday was going off to a good start. But it was about to get better!

Birthday Celebration Part 2: The Staycation


We took a bus to our next destination which according to the boyfie was "just nearby Bugis". He initially wanted to blindfold me on the way there so I would be surprised when we reached, so it was really funny when we reached the lobby of The Fullerton Hotel and I blurted out "Why are we here ah?"

A month before he left for Japan, I brought him to The Fullerton Hotel's chocolate buffet at the Courtyard as a Valentine's Day surprise gift. Apparently during the time, I told him that I really hoped we could stay there one day - and he remembered it even when I didn't.

So shweet hor!



He even got a cool-ass room with the view of the Marina Bay, which was one of the most popular rooms in the hotel. It was nothing short of amazing. The bedsheets were the bomb, the scenery was spectacular, and the bathroom was sex. Finally I get a bathtub that can fit TWO people, and the smart toilet had a bidet and a dryer. WHAT???!!!

The first 2 hours at the hotel were spent taking pictures of each other to commemorate the special day. And here are the results:




Also, look at the view at night.


We also had complimentary breakfast at Town Restaurant the next day, which was ironically the place where my ex brought me for our Valentine's Day dinner 3 years ago. It felt so great to be finally back here with the right person.

Town Restaurant, The Fullerton Hotel
Breakfast wasn't amazing, and the food was mediocre. However I have to say the food selection they had was really good, as they had so many cuisines such as Singaporean, Japanese, Western, and Malay. The dimsum and bak kut teh was great though!

The staycation wasn't the only surprise, because when I was bawling my eyes out over how touched I was, he suddenly pulled out a Pandora gift bag with the teapot bracelet charm that I had been dying to own for the longest time.

I. do. not. deserve. my. boyfriend.

Birthday Celebration Part 3: The Fancy Dinner

After 2 hours of being IG whores we both finally dressed up and got ready for dinner. I couldn't contain my excitement so I asked where he was bringing me.

Here's the place. It's called ATLAS, and is Asia's number one bar.



I KNOW RIIIIIGHT?????????

So beautiful. According to my boyfriend, the restaurant looked straight out of Gotham City.


We had to wait for about 20 minutes for a table since the place was so popular. Finally, we got two nice cosy seats in the centre of the restaurant, and ordered an appetizer, spaghetti, gnocchi, dessert, and a glass of whiskey. My boyfriend wont tell me how much the bill was, but each dish cost about S$25~S$30 without service charge and GST, so you can go ahead and make a wild guess.


While the whiskey was the smoothest I've ever tasted, the rest of the food was pretty meh, considering we paid so much. The dessert however, was pretty good. I'll close one eye on the food quality since ATLAS is meant to be a bar, not a restaurant. The place is also super classy and a great place to have a few drinks, chat, and feel attas as heck.


I would say that this was one of my most memorable birthday celebrations as it was so fun and romantic, and I got to spend it with the person I love. Our pockets definitely felt lighter the next day, but it was a weekend well spent and I couldn't feel more blessed!

Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out the time I visited a love hotel in Japan here.

You May Also Like

0 comments