Belo Cafe And Pizza Bar Review (GrabFood Delivery)

by - April 10, 2020


It's about 12 days into lockdown, and I realised that all my boyfriend and I had been eating the past few days were sushi and prata. It's getting a bit boring, so today I hinted at ordering lunch from a cafe. We live at Upper Thomson and there are a lot of cafes here. It would be a shame not to use this lockdown period to try most of them, especially now that most of them are available for delivery!

We decided to order food from this place called Belo Cafe And Pizza Bar. We've actually been there once before this whole COVID-19 thing happened, and I remember the Truffle and Mushroom pizza was delishhhhhhhh.


I was wondering how the delivered food would compare to a dine-in setting. Would it still be delicious? Will the portion be down-sized - like a lot of CB restaurants do because they know customers would be too lazy to file a complaint on Grab anyway? Let's find out!

I got myself the Truffled Mushroom Pasta with oven baked penne which cost $14. My boyfriend got the Meatball Pasta ($16) and the Hazelnut Latte ($6) which was basically the price of a Tall Starbucks order. It better be good!

Belo is also offering a GrabFood promo with $5 off the Blue Moon Belgian white beer, so it costs $6 now instead of $11. Orders less than $10 will be charged a small order fee, so maybe this may help hit your order quota.

Delivery was charged at $3.50, which is considered cheap. My boyfriend actually has the "Free Delivery GrabFood Subscription" so he had free delivery, BUT because Grab is super CB and a financial LEECH, they recently included GST or something into this subscription, so we had to pay $0.20 for delivery from now on instead of having it completely for free.

By the way, Belo also has a $13 Stay Home Menu for takeaway and island-wide delivery until 7 April 2020, so you can check out the food options here too! Also, contactless delivery is available.

Delivery was SUPER fast. It came within less than 15 minutes. The food was packed nicely with minimal spills as well, which is good since the whole meal cost $36++ and I didn't want anything to go to waste!
The food was piping hot when it came, and smelt so good. At first glance, the portions looked a little small, especially for the Truffled Mushroom Pasta. But these kind of food are often very jelak so perhaps a smaller portion is better!

The Truffled Mushroom Pasta was not bad, and was really appetising. The cream leaned slightly more towards the diluted side, which is good since any more of that creamy thickness would have been a bit sickening. I also added some shredded cheese which came with the order. Surprisingly, the pasta was really filling and liked how there was a generous amount of mushrooms.
After my dish, I am glad to say that I fell into a deep food coma. The cream creeps on you eventually, and gets overpowering towards the end, but some of you may like it that way!

The Meatball Pasta was basically spaghetti bolognese, and being $2 more expensive than the Truffled Mushroom Pasta, you can tell that there was more pasta, and the meatballs were HUGE. My boyfriend didn't really like the spaghetti itself and said it didn't taste good, but the meatballs were much better. However, he did finish it all so I suppose it wasn't that bad.
The Hazelnut Latte was... meh? Tasted like a diluted Starbucks order, but it was a smooth and easy drink. However the size was quite small for $6, so I was quite disappointed.
Overall, I liked my lunch order from Belo and would probably order from them again if I was really hungry and craving pasta. It is quite pricey, but the food isn't bad and I think it's a hit or miss situation. You can tell that they put at least some effort into the food, so even if it's not A-grade pasta, it doesn't taste like the likes of PastaMania or Saizeriya. I've had much worse pasta which was more expensive than this, so Belo is a reasonable choice!

Rating
Food: 7.5/10
Price: 6/10
Delivery: 9/10
Overall rating: 7.5

Belo Cafe And Pizza Bar
Address: 222 Upper Thomson Road, 574354 Singapore
Telephone: +65 9278 1310



Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out another restaurant that offers food delivery - Omote @ Thomson Plaza here.

You May Also Like

0 comments