Trying Out Jeffree Star Lipsticks: Lip Ammunition, The Gloss & Velour Liquid Lipsticks!

by - June 06, 2020

Jeffree Star Cosmetics Lipstick Review: Lip Ammo, The Gloss, Velour Liquid Lipsticks

jeffree star singapore review

I probably mentioned this before in previous blog posts that I don't really like celebrity or YouTuber makeup brands, but for the purpose of THIS blog, I'm going to contradict myself a bit.

I actually adore Jeffree Star Cosmetics and am highkey obsessed with their lipsticks. Whether or not I like Jeffree Star as a person is a completely different issue, but I have to say that from a purely business perspective, he is a makeup genius and his products are amazing.

If you don't know by now, Jeffree Star Cosmetics is available in Singapore and you can find them at Tangs and Zalora. However, the selection of products are quite limited. I got my Jeffree Star lipsticks and Jeffree Star lip glosses on Zalora when they were on a 30% off sale. It was a great steal and I only spent about $80 for a total of 5 lipsticks.

The Jeffree Star products I snagged were the Lip Ammunition in Calabasas, Lip Ammunition in Celebrity Skin, The Gloss in Sequin Glass, Velour Liquid Lipstick in Birthday Suit, and Velour Liquid Lipsticks in Scandal.

For those of you conscious consumers, you'll be glad to know that his makeup products are also vegan and cruelty free.

Now, let's get on to the review!

Jeffree Star Lip Ammunition in Calabasas ($32)


The Lip Ammunition series is basically a lipstick series with a fancy name. Calabasas was a super popular shade and I was really excited when I saw that this was in stock. It was also originally part of Jeffree Star's Chrome Collection, and started off as a Velour Liquid Lipstick.

I love Calabasas' brown-pink shade, and it really suits my skin tone. If you want a lipstick that helps you stand out but not TOO much, this shade is a good bet! It also made my skin tone look a shade fairer than it actually is. And did I mention the lipstick smelt like Vanilla?

The Lip Ammunition took about 2 hard swatches for the pigment to transfer onto my lips, but it was a new product and I understand that new lipsticks need some time before becoming very "usable" - if you know what I mean.


Jeffree Star Lip Ammunition in Celebrity Skin ($32)

jeffree star singapore review celebrity skin

Nude lipsticks scare the shit out of me and we all know that when Jeffree Star says nude, he means NUDE. Very nude lipsticks don't often suit me and make me look like a corpse, but I wanted to try this just for the LOLs. Surprisingly, the Lip Ammunition in Celebrity Skin looked quite good on me, and dare I say - it even made me look celebrity-like?

Shameless, I know.

This shade took about 3 hard swatches to REALLY get on my lips, but the result paid off. The Celebrity Skin shade would probably look bomb with a mature, smoky eye look as well!

Similar to the Lip Ammunition in Calabasas, the formula for the lipsticks were really smooth and did not dry the lips. However, the lipsticks don't last long without a primer and comes off easily especially after a meal.


Jeffree Star The Gloss in Sequin Glass ($32)

jeffree star singapore review sequin glass

The Gloss was Jeffree Star Cosmetics first lip gloss formula, and had 2 finishes - Glitter Fantasy and Extreme Shine. The Gloss in Sequin Glass was part of the Glitter Fantasy formula shade, and can I say that it is gorgeous?!

Before buying Jeffree Star cosmetics, I had a lot of Fenty Beauty products and I used Fenty lip glosses very religiously. After trying The Gloss, I was immediately converted. I'm not saying Fenty lip glosses aren't good - because they're great - but The Gloss takes shine to the next level. The formula also isn't sticky and tacky at all, and felt smooth on the lips. The wet-finish with tints of purple and brown shimmer was also to die for.

Also how did Jeffree even make purple and brown look so good together???

The Gloss in Sequin Glass is a very wearable shade and can be used by itself or as a topper. There was also a light creme brulee scent that I loved, and I couldn't stop myself from smelling it. If you love holographic-looking lipstick, this is the one for you.


Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick in Scandal (S$32)

jeffree star singapore review scandal

Purple lipstick that isn't gloss? Ew! But purple lipstick by Jeffree Star - yes please!

I don't know why I was so confident that I would be able to pull this off, and thank goodness I did because purple is a scary colour that can make me look like a goth or ghost. I actually ended up looking like neither, and Scandal was a sweet, light dusty rose that can even pass off as a purplish-pink. This shade was also originally part of the Jeffree Star limited edition Holiday 2018 Collection.

If you're wondering what the Velour Liquid Lipstick series are, they're similar to the Kylie Jenner liquid lips, but like - a better, more pigmented, better-smelling liquid lipstick.

The Velour Liquid Lipstick in Scandal also has a bit of glitter which isn't very obvious. Just like all his other lipsticks, this formula was smooth as a baby's butt and applied easily.

Out of all the Jeffree Star lipsticks I got, this one surprised me the most!


Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick in Birthday Suit ($32)

jeffree star singapore review birthday suit

Birthday Suit is another popular shade by Jeffree Star Cosmetics, and it is a soft pink peach with a matte finish. So yes, even though this lipstick and the Scandal lipstick are both "Velour Liquid Lipsticks", this is matte while Scandal is glittery.

Unfortunately this shade didn't suit me very well and my yellowish Asian skin tone, but everything else about it was great from the application to the formula and the scent. One thing about this shade is that it leaves "lipstick strokes" on your lips. It's like when you're painting and if your strokes are in different directions you can see the stroke marks when the painting dries. So I suppose I'll need more caution when applying this shade - that's if I still use it anyway.


5 stars for Jeffree Star!

jeffree star review

I was so, so glad when I received these lipsticks because I love Jeffree Star cosmetics and the different lipstick shades available. Of course, it IS still Jeffree Star so his products do come with a price, though it's not super expensive to the extent that it's $50 for 1 gloss.

If you're buying on Zalora, do take note that it takes quite awhile for the products to be shipped out from the warehouse which is somewhere in Tai Seng. I actually waited 2 weeks for the order to arrive. But all good things come to those who wait, so just order away!

See you next post!



Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out my Fenty Beauty snap shadows review.

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. how amazing is Glossier? I would love to try it, because yes, for me it's skin first, makeup then. I liked the lip balm, with 4 scents, cause it's thick and good for the night, and I always have chapped lips, if I don't use a balm. The masks also seen nice! So good that you tried all, despite having it since Nov. And you look lovely, and Charlie poses, ooooh, so cute! I didn't know about this brand and that it was created by a blogger, it's always great to know new things!

    ReplyDelete