Fenty Beauty Snap Shadows: True Neutrals Review & Swatches

by - May 29, 2020

Fenty Beauty Snap Shadows True Neutrals Review & Swatches

fenty beauty review

I've been waiting to post this for so long!

Finally got the time to review my Fenty Beauty Snap Shadows in True Neutrals, and can I just say that the colours are lovely? It's actually my first true-nude palette, so I was really looking forward to trying the colours and seeing how pigmented the shadows are.

I won't be doing any eye makeup looks since this is just a review on the swatches and the eyeshadow colours. I can't do makeup for shit, so even if I did an eyeshadow look, it won't help at all. Sorry fam...

fenty beauty eyeshadow palette

The Fenty Beauty Snap Shadows in True Neutrals is the palette with a number 1 on it, and it is available for purchase at Sephora for $39.

The Fenty Beauty Snap Shadow was actually a lot smaller than I thought it would be, but considering that it is FENTY BEAUTY, I was like, alright, big celebrity name there - I see where the price point comes from.

While it's a little pricey in my opinion, the packaging is beautiful and the overall quality of the product looks great. The eyeshadows are also magnetic and can be "snapped" together with other palettes, hence the name. So if you got more than 1 Fenty Beauty Snap Shadow, you can just join them together and pop them into your handbag. Convenient!

fenty beauty eyeshadow palette true neutrals

Now let's get into the shades.

Shade Nookie Rookie


fenty nookie rookie

The first shade on the Fenty Beauty True Neutrals palette is Nookie Rookie. The Nookie Rookie shade is a moderately warm-toned light beige, and it has a matte finish. The colour is also the lightest in the palette, and the most basic. Texture wise, it was really smooth.

With just a single swatch, the pigmentation is semi-opaque and you may want to put on some primer for longer usage!

Shade Simma Down


fenty simma down

In every nude palette, you gotta have a little peach! I'll probably be using the Simma Down shade quite a bit because it's so versatile. It's simple, sweet, classy, and can rock any makeup look. I also love how it has a shimmery frost finish.

This shade isn't as pigmented as the rest, so you'll need to press your finger in a little harder for a bit more effect.

Shade Tequila Nite


fenty tequila nite

When I first saw Tequila Nite, I was a bit nervous because it's so dark (and Tequila is my achilles heel)! I don't usually use dark shades because I'm a makeup noob and dark shades give away my makeup mistakes so easily. But once I swatched it on my arm, I was surprised because the shade wasn't THAT dark. The pigment is rich, and the shade itself is a soft, frosted golden brown.

Tequila Nite is actually a gorgeous shade and I can definitely see myself using it on my dunz dunz nights.

Shade Velvet Cuffs


fenty velvet cuffs

At first glance, this Velvet Cuffs shade is most similar to the Simma Down shade, but the main difference is Velvet Cuffs is more brown instead of peach. Texture wise, it's a bit creamier than the rest. If you love metallic colours that are on the subtler side, this is a great shade for you!

Shade Cumin Get It


fenty cumin get it

If you think this shade is familiar, it's because Cumin Get It is also featured in the Moroccan Spice palette! If I were to go for a bolder look, I'll probably use this shade because I'm more comfortable with medium browns. I also love its matte finish, and the shade just looks like it belongs in a lookbook from The Editor's Market.

Cumin Get It also stays on the longest - for about 8 hours!

Shade Affogato


fenty affogato

Affogato is the darkest shade on the Fenty Beauty True Neutrals palette. It's neutral tone and sports a sexy dark brown. For those of you who want to go all out with this shade, 2 swatches will give you perfect full-on coverage that can last up to 7 hours. The texture is also slight thinner than the other shades.

fenty beauty swatches review

After getting this palette, I actually felt super tempted to get another one because I absolutely LOVE Fenty Beauty's eyeshadow shades. Trust me - it took me almost 30 minutes to just decide which 1 out of the 6 palettes I wanted to buy.

Since I'm stuck at home during the Circuit Breaker, I'll probably be online shopping a lot so you can expect to see another Fenty Beauty Snap Shadows review soon. A pink palette perhaps? ;)

See you next post!



Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out my Fenty Beauty mini makeup set review.

You May Also Like

0 comments