Habitat Coffee @ Jalan Besar: Fusion Cafe Food Review

by - November 04, 2022

habitat-coffee-review

Hey, Faithfuls! Hope all's good on your end. I had the best October because it was my birthday month and I got to meet so many people. I also visited a lot of cafes! My aunt brought me to Habitat Coffee, a cafe which is near my workplace. If I'm not wrong, they used to be at Upper Thomson, which is where I stay, but recently moved out to a unit at Jalan Besar. It's also really near the Lavender MRT Station and is within walking distance from it.

habitat-coffee-interior

We made a reservation for a Tuesday afternoon. It was quite packed since it was during the lunch hour. We found a small table for two and proceeded to order at the counter.

habitat-coffee-chilli-crab

My aunt and I decided to share a serving of the Chilli Crab Mantou (S$13). This saw golden brown mantou served with house-made chilli crab sauce. The chilli crab mantou was super savoury with a light crisp on the outside. The house-made chilli crab sauce was zesty and on the sour side, with just the right amount of spiciness.

habitat-coffee-truffle-pasta

I had the Summer Truffle Al Funghi (S$22), consisting of a truffle wild mushroom linguine served with egg yolk, fried eoniki, and shaved truffle. The truffle flavour was very distinct and the pasta was creamy. However I do feel that the cream was isolated at one part of the pasta, while other areas were a little watery.

My aunt had the Honey Garlic Prawn (S$18), comprising Japanese garlic fried rice with prawns sauteed in the cafe's house-made honey garlic sauce. The prawns were juicy and tasted quite fresh. The rice tasted a lot more fragrant than it looked too.

View the menu for Habitat Coffee


Overall, I really enjoyed my lunch at Habitat Coffee and felt a little sad that they moved out of Upper Thomson. The food here is simple but delicious, and I can't stop thinking about that chilli crab mantou. For those yummy buns, I'll keep coming back.

See you next post!

Habitat Coffee @ Jalan Besar
Address: 803 King George's Ave, #01-242/244, Singapore 200803
Telephone: +65 8750 5258
Website



Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out these other fusion food reviews. Follow my Instagram @faithjoanchua and YouTube for more content.

You May Also Like

0 comments