Hotel G Staycation Review: Hotel G Great King Room

by - November 06, 2022

hotel-g-staycation-review

Hey, Faithfuls! Wow, it's been a while since I had a staycation review, right? Well, to be fair, this wasn't really a staycation—my parents came to Singapore to visit a few weeks ago and wanted a good hotel to stay at. I chose Hotel G because it was within their budget, and it's in a good location with a lot of food options and things to do. I've also stayed at Hotel G before and found it to be quite clean and comfortable.

hotel-g-great-king-room-exterior

I booked the Hotel G Great King Room, which cost S$955 for five nights. Do note that they came over during the Deepavali holiday, which is why the rates were a little higher than usual. This rate included daily breakfast, express check-in, and access to the fitness centre.

hotel-g-great-king-room-lobby

So before I go on, I'd like to mention that this review is not really a staycation review, but a room review, if that makes sense. Hotel G does not have a pool, and the hotel is really quite basic, so there are not a lot of activities to do inside it. If you're staying here, you'll have a lot more fun exploring Bencoolen, Dhoby Ghaut, and the Bugis area, which are all within walking distance from Hotel G.

hotel-g-great-king-room

Check-in was at 3pm. The hotel room isn't very big, but it's cosy enough for two people. It can be a little squeezy when one more person comes to visit. The bed is comfortable, and while the pillows are not the softest, my parents said they liked how they helped ease their back pain. The room is also dimly lit, so it was easy for me to feel drowsy even in the afternoon.

hotel-g-great-king-room-desk

I liked how there was a spacious desk in the room, which is where I would usually do my work. There is free WiFi, although the connection wasn't the best. I mean, it wasn't the worst as well, but there are other hotels with better WiFi.

hotel-g-great-king-room-shower

The bathroom comes equipped with a rain shower and other bathroom amenities. The shower was definitely the favourite part of my parents' stay, as the water was always piping hot and the water pressure was just right. They would go inside, take a nice shower, and lament about having to come out.

The sink is actually located outside of the shower. Towels are located in the compartments below the sink, and there are slippers hanging here as well.

hotel-g-great-king-room-amenities

There is a safe in the room, along with coffee and tea-making facilities.

hotel-g-great-king-room-tv

The TV here is decent, and they have numerous channels, including BBC and National Geographic.

Hotel G has two restaurants on their premises—25 Degrees Burger and Ginett. 25 Degrees Burger has arguably one of the best burgers in Singapore, and Ginett is a classy bar with cocktails and wine. I've tried both, and while I think the burgers at 25 Degrees Burger are delicious I've also had better burgers elsewhere.

So there you have it—a very simple room review for Hotel G's Great King Room. My parents really liked their stay at Hotel G and said they want to come back here again on their next trip. They really liked the location, and that it's just a three-minute walk from Bencoolen MRT Station.

If you're not from Singapore and are looking for a nice hotel with a good location to stay at, Hotel G would be a wonderful choice.

Thanks for reading, and see you next post!

Book a stay at Hotel G


Hotel G
Address: 200 Middle Road, Singapore 188980
Telephone: +65 6809 7988


Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out this Ascott Raffles Place staycation review. Follow my Instagram @faithjoanchua and YouTube for more content.

You May Also Like

0 comments