Tsuta VivoCity Review (Delivery)

by - April 24, 2020


If you haven't joined the SG Food Deals Telegram group, you probably should because that's where I usually get all the sweet, delicious food deals from!

Today my boyfriend and I decided to venture out of Upper Thomson in the quest to satisfy our food cravings. Just nice, we got a notification SG Food Deals promoting Tsuta's 1-For-1 Michelin-Star Ramen at $18! Can I just say at that moment we were completely sold.

Tsuta's promotion runs from now until 1 May 2020, and is available for Takeaway and Delivery at their VivoCity and Jewel outlets. You can order online and view their menu here.
We got the 1-For-1 KurobiShio Soba ($18) with 1 Pc Pork Char Siu ($2.20), and his parents got the 1-For-1 Shoyu Soba ($18) with 1 Pc Pork Char Siu ($2.20), Ajitama eggs ($2.20), and Corn ($1.70). We also got additional Menma (seasoned bamboo shoots) at $2.20 to share. The add-ons were quite expensive, but it's a Michelin-Star restaurant, so.

There's also a 1-For-1 promo for the Mala Tonkotsu Shoba, but we weren't really feeling it at the time. Perhaps y'all can try it out yourselves!

We also ordered Sui Gyoza ($7.80) and Tori Karaage ($10). The bill totalled to about $66.50, and delivery was free!

The food came pretty fast, and everything was packed nicely in these cute Japanese takeaway boxes - tingkat style,  with the noodles on top and soup at the bottom. No spillage or anything.

My boyfriend and I immediately dug into our KurobiShio Soba, and can I tell you - it's delicious. I love Japanese food, but Ramen has never really ranked high on my "favourites" list. But this ramen was really good and didn't have that sodium flavour that makes you feel thirsty. The broth was savoury without being salty, and had lots of ingredients such as black fungus mushroom, black pepper minced pork, and fried garlic chips. The taste of the black pepper was pretty strong too!
The Shoyu Soba was plainer, and had less ingredients as well. I would say this dish is more suited for people who like their soup clear and plain. Of course, you can add extras into the dish such as egg for more flavour. The dish itself does have its own yummy ingredients such as bamboo shoot and eek & black truffle pureed in black truffle oil.

I also really loved the Tori Karaage, which was basically deep fried chicken thigh meat marinated in shoyu tare sauce. While I was eating this, it felt as if I was munching on soft shell baby crabs. The dish was super delicious, and the serving was pretty generous too. A 10/10 and I would order again just for this side dish.
The Sui Gyoza was so-so, and I didn't take a particular liking towards it. I felt that it was quite plain, but the filling was quite delicious and had mixed pork and tofu. This would have probably tasted better if we dined-in, because by the time it was delivered to us it was already quite dry.

Our dinner experience with Tsuta was pretty good, and my boyfriend can't wait to order again. I know there has been some issues with their orders and service now, probably because they're overwhelmed with the orders, so it's best to opt for delivery instead of takeaway. Tsuta has already addressed this problem of customers not getting their orders or waiting too long, and promised to do better the next few days!

With food this good, I'd give them a chance if I were you.

Rating
Food: 8.5/10
Price: 9/10
Delivery: 10/10
Overall rating: 9.1/10

Tsuta Singapore (VivoCity)
Address: VivoCity Mall, #B2-29, 095585 Singapore
Telephone: +65 9243 5819



Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out my lockdown food review on Parker Restaurant here.

You May Also Like

0 comments