Sky Lido @ Outram Rd: Hidden Rooftop Bistro Bar Food Review

by - October 03, 2021

sky-lido-review

Hey friends! Happy Monday, and I hope everyone had a great week. My weekend was very well spent visiting lots of nice restaurants and cafes, and while my purse feels a lot lighter, my tummy is feeling a lot heavier. On Saturday night, my boyfriend and I went to a hidden rooftop restaurant called Sky Lido. Its located at Concorde Shopping Centre, a mall that looks quite run-down, so I was very surprised to see that there was a beautiful restaurant here. If you used to be a clubber when Zouk was still at Jiak Kim, you would remember this mall as the place where people went to get cheap alcohol!
sky-lido-outram-review
We made a reservation via Chope for 6pm because we wanted to see the sunset, and we were one of the first customers that arrived. The area near the entrance has a bar so I suppose that's where people usually come to chill and get drinks. The dining area is further inside and as Sky Lido is quite big, we had to walk quite a bit from the entrance to our seats.
sky-lido-food-review
We were given these tables with very, very low sofas, so I felt a bit like a child trying to prop myself up to eat! The sofas were very comfortable and it was so easy for anyone to slip into a food coma.

There are a lot of plants at Sky Lido and unfortunately for our seats, we weren't really able to enjoy the view as it was obstructed (unless you stood up to look over the wall). I would have liked the walls to be a bit lower, but you can always request to be seated somewhere else in the restaurant with less obstructed views!

To start off the evening, we ordered the Pommes Noisettes (S$15), a fried potato dish with garlic aioli, chives, house-made Duroc bacon bits, pickled baby radish, furikake, and chives. The Pommes Noisettes came in quite a small portion, but they tasted really good! They tasted very much like hashbrowns but instead of being crispy, the texture was softer.
sky-lido-pomme-noisettes
For myself, I got the Serious Cheese Penne (S$24) consisting of aged gruyere, gorgonzola, Parmigiano-Reggiano, and camembert cheeses cooked into penne with white wine, parsley, and a touch of black pepper. The name says it all - this pasta was extremely cheesy and super flavourful. On first glance it may look a little watery, but that's probably a good thing because the pasta would have been very jelak if it was any creamier. Unfortunately, I didn't really taste much of the black pepper as the cheese flavours dominated my palate, but not that I'm complaining. The portion was very decent too, and because the pasta was so filling, I found my tummy bursting 70% into the dish.
sky-lido-serious-cheese-penne
My boyfriend got himself the Mushroom Bone Marrow Cream (S$24) with sauteed mushrooms, bone marrow cream sauce, parmesan, penne, and a touch of truffle oil. This was another creamy pasta and the taste of the mushrooms were very distinct compared to the cheeses. They also served a whole lot of pasta and my boyfriend actually couldn't finish it despite being a large eater!
sky-lido-mushroom-bone-marrow-cream

View the Sky Lido menu


For drinks, I got myself a Tiger Beer (S$14) and my boyfriend got a Tahitian Sunset (S$18). The Tahitian Sunset was delicious and refreshing and consisted of plantation pineapple rum, plantation dark rum, passionfruit, pineapple, and fresh lime juice. My boyfriend doesn't like fruits, but he said this cocktail was sweet and easy to drink. The alcohol content was subtle, but there was definitely an effect because he started to flush shortly after! I also feel the alcoholic drinks here are pretty affordable (especially the cocktails) because we usually pay at least S$20 for similar drinks elsewhere.
sky-lido-tahitian-sunset
We did not really know what to expect before coming to Sky Lido, but I believe this place definitely exceeded my expectations. While the location was quite out of the way, I liked the whole vibe of the place as it is relatively quiet and intimate. It's a great restaurant to come on a date or get some drinks, and I love the ambience at night when everything goes dark and the warm, yellow lights come on. It looks very romantic!
sky-lido-swing
The food is also very good and the portions are very decent. This is definitely not the kind of restaurant where you pay a lot of money and leave with an unhappy stomach! I can see myself coming again with more friends in the future once the Covid-19 situation improves and may even consider hosting one or two special occasions here as well.

That's all for today's blog post, thanks for reading and see you next post!

Make a Sky Lido reservation


Sky Lido @ Outram Rd
Address: 317 Outram Rd, #05-01 Concorde Shopping Centre, S169075
Telephone: +65 9177 2802


Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out this Cafe Monochrome review. Follow my Instagram @faithjoanchua and YouTube for more content.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Klook.com