Monti @ 1-Pavilion: High Tea Food Review

by - December 07, 2021

monti-high-tea-review

Hey friends! Welcome to another high tea review, and this time I will be sharing about my high tea experience at Monti. You may be familiar with Monti as it is located at The Fullerton Pavilion near The Fullerton Bay Hotel. If you're someone who visits the Marina Bay area a lot, you will find it hard to miss Monti's dome-shaped exterior.

monti-singapore

I really love the interior of this restaurant with its glass windows and views overlooking the Singapore skyline. The restaurant also looks very classy so most people would be dressed to impress when they come here. I couldn't help but feel a bit out of place with my sundress and flats, especially among the black dresses and high heels!

monti-1-pavilion

There is also a lavish-looking bar in the restaurant packed with liquor and wine bottles. 

monti

My friend and I made a reservation for the high tea via Chope for 1pm. We actually didn't know that high tea at Monti starts at 2.30pm, so we ordered the Sauteed Wild Mushrooms In Aromatic Garlic Butter (S$10) to share while waiting. This was a decent dish with lots of flavours, and although I found it to be a little oily at the bottom, it really opened up my appetite.

monti-sg

High tea was finally served around 3pm and the waiter carried out the savouries and sweets. Monti's high tea for December is called A Christmas Afternoon Tea and costs S$38++/person. It also comes with two cups of coffee or tea per person, which you can choose from the drinks menu. We decided to get hot and iced chocolate.

monti-afternoon-tea

The savoury items included the Chicken Bolognese With Crostini, Parma Ham Melon & Honey, Fried Caprese With Salsa Verde, and Ricotta Cheese In Tart Shell. Out of these items, I liked the Ricotta Cheese In Tart Shell the most; it was a creative and dainty dish with a creamy, mildly cheesy flavour and savoury tart shell.

monti-high-tea

The sweet items were the Marsala Zabaglione With Cantucci, Praline Cake With Pistachio, Double Raspberry Les ChouChous, and Apple Pie Pastry With Cinnamon Snow. The sweets were much better than the savouries in my opinion! I liked the Raspberry Les ChouChous with a mix of zesty and sweet flavours, while the praline was enough to satisfy my sweet cravings for a week. The marsala was an interesting item with a dip that had a little bit of liquor in it.

monti-review

View the menu at Monti


After our high tea, my friend and I went to the restaurant's alfresco rooftop to enjoy the beautiful view. The sky was so blue and it was also quite windy during the time, so we took our time and snapped a few pictures!

monti-mbs

My friend and I had a really nice high tea experience and we really enjoyed our time at Monti. The staff were very friendly and gave us superb service. The quality of the food here is good, although I do feel that there are many other cheaper and better high tea options out there. However, I felt that after taking into account the good service, great location, and breathtaking views, I didn't mind paying the S$38++ at all.

monti-food-review

That's all for today's post, thanks for reading, stay safe, and see you next post!

Make a reservation at Monti


Monti @ 1-Pavilion
Address: 82 Collyer Quay, Singapore 049327
Telephone: +65 6535 0724
Website


Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out this 1-Atico high tea review. Follow my Instagram @faithjoanchua and YouTube for more content.

You May Also Like

0 comments