FRY Rooftop Bistro & Bar @ Club St: Cosy Rooftop Bar Review

by - January 30, 2022

fry-rooftop-bistro-bar

Hey, Faithfuls! I love rooftop bars, don't you? Recently, I've been obsessed with rooftop bars, particularly those in lesser-known neighbourhoods or areas in Singapore. My boyfriend recently introduced to me this place called FRY Rooftop Bistro & Bar that he previously visited, saying that the view and the food were great. So I decided to check it out for myself.

I made a reservation for FRY Rooftop Bistro & Bar through their Facebook page - you'll have to send them a message to make the booking. Although my reservation was at 8pm, my friend and I arrived 30 minutes earlier. Thankfully, we were still given a seat and it was one with a view - which we appreciate! After all, I came here specifically because I wanted to see the view hehe.

fry-rooftop-bistro-bar-review

To start, we ordered the Smoked Duck Platter (S$14) with slices of cold smoked duck, salmon, and balsamic reduction. The duck was sweet and I loved the sauce. Overall, it was a dish that really opened up your appetite.


My friend ordered the Ribeye Steak (S$26) which came with a 180g steak, sauteed baby potatoes, grilled mixed vegetables, and red wine sauce. If you're someone with a big appetite, I recommend this dish because my friend who's a big eater found it filling! He also requested for it to be medium-rare, and I think they pretty much nailed it.

fry-rooftop-bistro-bar-food-review

For myself, I got the Chicken Roulade (S$23) stuffed with spinach and gruyere and served with creamy truffle mashed potatoes, sauteed mushrooms, and edamame. This was so good, and I really loved it. This dish looked small at first glance, but it was more filling than I thought it would be too.

fry-rooftop-bistro-and-bar

View the menu for FRY Rooftop Bistro & Bar


We also got two glasses of Pierre Jean Merlot ($14) each, a very easy-to-drink red wine with hints of fruitiness. It paired perfectly with our meat dishes as well.

fry-rooftop-bistro-bar-wine

If I had to make any criticism, it would a light one regarding the service. First, the staff came off as a little cold and almost rude (you can see more reviews on Google). Except for one lady with short hair who was such a sweetheart, the others - specifically two ladies - were quite stand-offish. When we requested something, they would just roll their eyes and walk away, and when we asked a question about that night's promotion, one of them was seemingly annoyed when she explained it to us.

Ok so I've worked in F&B before so I understand that the industry is tough, customers can be annoying AF and the waiters and waitresses honestly don't owe you a smile or perfect service. I usually just shrug it off when service staff are rude, and sometimes I wonder if I'm being too sensitive, but my friends who've visited the bistro told me that they experienced the same thing as well. But you know, if I'm paying a service charge, I at least hope that the staff don't roll their eyes at me...

Anyway, that one nice lady just made everything better in the end because she was so genuine and nice. I have read other reviews mentioning polite service as well, so hopefully, I'd have a better experience on that front the next time I visit!

Second, our food took really, really long to come because the kitchen was overwhelmed. Again, I didn't really mind because my friend and I had drinks and some appetisers, but this could have easily pissed of hangry customers. The nice lady was really apologetic though, and I was genuinely fine with waiting since I was in a good mood. But yes, room for improvements!

I would go back to FRY Rooftop Bistro & Bar because the food was great and overall, my experience was good. This is the perfect place to catch up with a friend or bond with a date, and also for a moment feel like all your worries are fading away.

That's all for today, see you next post!

FRY Rooftop Bistro & Bar @ Club St
Address: 96B Club St Singapore, S069464
Telephone: +65 8418 5995
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐


Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out these other Singapore bar reviews. Follow my Instagram @faithjoanchua and YouTube for more content.

You May Also Like

0 comments