Tipsy Flamingo @ City Hall: Pool Party Restaurant By Pierre Png

by - November 08, 2021

tipsy-flamingo-review

Hey, Faithfuls! Another relatively new restaurant with a cool, Instagrammable concept is in town, and it's called Tipsy Flamingo. If you didn't know, this restaurant is opened by actor Pierre Png and is inspired by the 1980s with its retro-futuristic interior and summer pool vibes. The food here is fusion-inspired - great for those of you with an adventurous palate.

tipsy-flamingo-review

I made a Quandoo reservation for a Sunday afternoon and went with my boyfriend. Honestly, we didn't know what to expect. I did not have very high expectations because I expected Tipsy Flamingo to be one of those opened-by-a-famous-person-hence-overly-hyped kinds of restaurants, but I tried to have an open mind.

When I first entered the restaurant, I was rather impressed. I really like the interior of the place - you really feel like you're in some kind of summer pool party - albeit one that is indoors - and sporting neon decor. The staff were also dressed in those kimono cardigans which made them look pretty cool.

tipsy-flamingo-city-hall

My boyfriend was running late so I placed our orders first. The staff were actually very friendly and assisted with our orders. I wanted to try their Tiki Tapas which were S$18 for any two dishes. I ordered the Fried Ravioli With Parmigiano and Crispy Fish Skin With Rojak Sauce, as I was told these were the two popular dishes.

The ravioli came first, and I really liked it! The ravioli was quite crispy, and when you bit into it, the cheese literally burst in your mouth. I also love that it was topped with shredded cheese because it added a little saltiness to the ravioli.

tipsy-flamingo-ravioli

The crispy fish skin was also really good, and it was the winner for me. First, it came in a big portion and the contents were literally spilling out of the bowl. Second, the fish skin was so addictive. Since they were bite-sized, they were so easy to eat and I was literally chomping down on one after the other. The rojak dressing was a little spicy but gave lots of flavour.

tipsy-flamingo-rojak

For mains, my boyfriend ordered the Truffle Moonlight Hor Fun (S$23), which was an elevated rendition of the traditional Singaporean classic. The original dish comes with wagyu striploin beef and a poached egg, but he opted to switch the wagyu for the grilled chicken option. This dish was very interesting - although it looked like a traditional hor fun, you could taste hints of the truffle in the sauce. The truffle was not overpowering and the taste was quite mild. The egg yolk made the gravy thick and creamy but not jelak.

tipsy-flamingo-hor-fun

While I originally wanted to order the Australian Charcoal Grilled Striploin With Housemade Veal Jus (S$16), my order got mixed up and I was served something twice the price - the Grilled Striploin With Carrot Purée & Asparagus (S$32). I couldn't even be mad that I got the wrong dish because this was so delicious. The striploin was tender and juicy and melted in the mouth, and the sauteed asparagus was heavenly.

tipsy-flamingo-beef

It was also partly my fault that I didn't recognise that the dish was the wrong one - I guess when I laid eyes on it I was instantly mesmerized and couldn't help but dig in.

View the menu for Tipsy Flamingo


By the end of our lunch date, my boyfriend and I were super full. The food here was actually really good and we both agreed that we could love to come back again. Price-wise, the food isn't too expensive and there is a good mix of affordable and pricier dishes. The place is very loud and you have to literally shout to speak to the person across you, but I think it's all part of the fun, vibrant atmosphere that Tipsy Flamingo hopes to achieve.

tipsy-flamingo-food-review

If you find yourself at Raffles City Shopping Centre and are looking for something to eat, do give Tipsy Flamingo a try. Your tastebuds will definitely be tantalised. See you next post!

Make a reservation for Tipsy Flamingo

Tipsy Flamingo @ City Hall
Address: 252 North Bridge Road, Raffles City Shopping Centre, 01-17A, S179103
Telephone: +65 9010 0348


Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out these other fusion food reviews. Follow my Instagram @faithjoanchua and YouTube for more content.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Klook.com