The Marmalade Pantry @ ION Orchard: Bistro Food Review

by - August 26, 2022

the-marmalade-pantry-review

Hey, Faithfuls! I eat around ION Orchard often, but there's one place I've never tried, which is The Marmalade Pantry. I've always wanted to eat there because it looks really pretty and atas, but my boyfriend and his family usually prefer to eat at PUTIEN, which is just opposite. So I was really excited when my boyfriend said he didn't mind checking out The Marmalade Pantry one day. We were there on a weekday night, and it was past dinnertime, but we managed to make it before the last order.

the-marmalde-pantry

There were quite a few tables filled when we were there, but most people already made their way to drinks and wine. The restaurant had an online ordering system which we used, and you could also get a discount if you signed up for a membership. We didn't because we were too lazy...

the-marmalade-pantry-caesar-salad

To start off, we had the Caesar Salad (S$22) with baby romaine, poached egg, herb croutons, parmesan, and bacon bits. We also added some avocado for an extra (S$2). The salad was quite flavourful and tasted creamy when we mixed in the gooey egg and avocado. The dressing was delicious too.

the-marmalade-pantry-truffle-fries

Against my better judgement, I ordered the Truffle Fries (S$16) because I had been craving truffle and fries the whole week. The truffle fries came in a huge portion and smelled super fragrant. The fries were also crunchy with a decent amount of oil.

the-marmalade-pantry-ion-mac-and-cheese

I was also craving cheese, so I ordered the Mac & Cheese (S$25) with maccheroni, truffle cream, blue cheese, mozzarella, and parmesan. I love cheese and I can eat cheese every day, but even this dish was too jelak and gao for me. Not complaining though, because the portion was very generous.

the-marmalade-prawn-pasta

My boyfriend had the Seared Scallop & Prawn (S$29), which had linguine with scallops, prawns, and rich prawn bisque sauce.  Gluten-free pasta is also available upon request. I really enjoyed the prawn bisque as it was sweet and umami, and the scallops were quite chewy. I liked this dish a lot more than my own!

View the menu for The Marmalade Pantry


We left The Marmalade Pantry feeling like our tummies were going to burst. Yes, the dishes are expensive, but at least we got what we paid for. We couldn't finish a lot of the dishes as well which was a waste, but at least we now know that we can share dishes in the future.

Would have wanted to try the desserts but we really did not have any space left in our system to digest anything else. If ya'll try them, do let me know! Thanks for reading, and see you next post.

Make a reservation for The Marmalade Pantry


The Marmalade Pantry @ ION Orchard
Address: 2 Orchard Turn, #04-11A ION Orchard, S238801
Telephone: +65 6734 2700



Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out this Bacha Coffee review. Follow my Instagram @faithjoanchua and YouTube for more content.

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Happy to have my lover back…………………………

    Get Your Lover Back forever,

    Help That Really Work Fast,

    Contact him for Relationship/marital problem,

    Thanks to Robinson,,

    R.buckler11 @gmail…… com

    ReplyDelete