Sushiro @ Suntec City Review: Best Sushi To Order At Sushiro

by - April 20, 2023

sushiro-review

Hey, Faithfuls! I love sushi, and I love Sushiro too. I do believe it's the best conveyor belt sushi restaurant in Singapore due to the quality of food offered and its affordability. I did a Sushiro review a couple of years back when they first started becoming popular, and people were still telling me that they preferred Genki Sushi and Sushi Express. I was appalled.

After having numerous friends suffer from food poisoning after eating at Genki Sushi, and after going to Sushi Express multiple times only to be disappointed by their whack and stingy portions, I've come to the conclusion that Sushiro IS superior.

I go to Sushiro so often that I have so much of their merchandise at home. As a big Sushiro fan, I also have a set number of items that I usually order whenever I visit. Recently, I've been patronising the Suntec City outlet more because my spin studio is located right opposite the road, and I have a perfect reason to indulge in sushi after a crazy workout.

sushiro-swordfish

If you're new to Sushiro, you may feel spoilt for choice because there are so many kinds of sushi you can order. My favourite is the Sword Fish (S$2.30). While Sushiro has recently changed the type of swordfish they serve (the previous one used to taste a lot fresher, and was fattier too), it's still my favourite item on the menu. It's melt-in-the-mouth and I really appreciate the thick slices.

sushiro-basil-cheese

I've also been a big fan of their cheese sushi items, including the Salmon With Basil Cheese (S$2.30) and Salmon With Cheese (S$2.30). Recently, there's also been a Salmon With Mentai Cheese (S$2.30), but the mentaiko flavours are not as strong as what Genki serves.

sushiro-salmon

There's also the quintessential conveyor belt sushi restaurant order—Salmon (S$2.30). I love how the salmon sashimi slices are always consistent, unlike the ones at Sushi Express where you'll get a thick slice now and a paper-thin one later. Also, the salmon here at Sushiro do not have an overly fishy taste.

sushi-gunkan

Depending on my mood, I'd also go for some gunkan maki to go with my nigiri sushi. Some of my favourites are the Premium Salmon Gunkan (S$2.30) and the Tuna With Green Onion (S$2.30).

I'm not the biggest fan of Ebi, but my boyfriend always gets the gunkan with shrimp too. The shrimp actually tastes really fresh, and the texture is bouncy, nothing like those dried-up gamy shrimp at some Japanese restaurants.

sushi-scallops

I love scallops too, which is why I'll always order the Scallop ($2.30). I used to order the Jumbo Scallop ($3.90), but the portion got smaller over time, so I stuck to the cheaper $2.30 option instead. The scallops are so good they literally disintegrate in the mouth.

sushiro-tuna

We are also huge fans of the Albacore Tuna (S$2.90) and Young Yellowtail (S$3.90). Fatty, juicy, and meaty.

sushiro-matcha

If I'm craving dessert, I would usually go for a soft serve. The Soft Serve With Mango Sauce (S$3.50) and Soft Serve With Strawberry Sauce (S$3.50) are some of my favourites, along with the Matcha Parfait (S$4.50) for days I'm feeling fancy. Recently they've got this matcha soft serve flavour, which is really good too! Can't compare to what you'd get at Hvala, but for the price, it's good enough.

I've been a loyal fan of Sushiro for years, and I'm not going to stop now. Sure, you can get cheaper sushi elsewhere, but nothing beats the satisfaction of walking out of Sushiro with a happy, full belly. I may still go to Genki Sushi if I'm craving their mentaiko sushi, but for now, Sushiro takes the win in my heart.

That's all for today, sushi you next post!

Sushiro @ Suntec City
Address: 3 Temasek Boulevard, #01-649/980, Suntec City Tower 4, Singapore 038983
Telephone: +65 6970 6610
Website


Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out these other Sushiro review. Follow my Instagram @faithjoanchua and YouTube for more content.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Klook.com