Taiga Dining @ Conrad Hotel Review: Dinner Omakase Menu

by - February 27, 2023

taiga-dining-review

Hey, Faithfuls! Wow, it looks like I've been doing a lot of omakase tastings recently. The most recent one I had was at Taiga Dining, which is a relatively new Japanese restaurant in Singapore. The restaurant is located at Conrad Hotel, Orchard, and offers lunch and dinner omakase menus.

taiga-dining-interior

Helmed by Master Chef Taiga Kanekuni, Taiga Dining is a cosy 13-seater that has been stylishly assembled to be reminiscent of his home prefecture of Kochi, Japan.

The restaurant's aesthetic is also inspired by the topography of the mountainous region of Kochi. The restaurant's entrance is hidden behind a rockscape at the corner of the hotel lobby. We were greeted by the staff, who led us through a "maze" until we reached the cosy sushi counter.

taiga-omakase

There are three omakase menus in total: Kiri Ni Hoou (S$150), Ino Shika Cho (S$250), and Hi To To Se ($350). Kiri Ni Hoou is available only for lunch, and Hi To To Se only for dinner, while Ino Shika Cho is available for both lunch and dinner.

chef-taiga

Each menu sees a selection of artistic appetisers, nigiri sushi, miso soup, and even dessert! During my time at Taiga Dining, I was treated to the Hi To To Se, which was the most expensive and extensive omakase menu.

taiga-dining-caviar

We started off with two signature appetisers, which included a caviar chawanmushi. I'm not the biggest fan of chawanmushi or caviar, but I did enjoy this dish. The caviar even gave the dish a light saltiness that cut through the familiar fish aroma of the chawanmushi.

taiga-dining-omakase

Next, we enjoyed nine different kinds of nigiri sushi, including tuna belly, prawn, squid, and tuna. I found the nigiri sushi here to be stronger-tasting, which I really liked.

omakase-singapore

The star of the menu was definitely the auction-grade uni, which I got to savour through Chef Taiga's special Uni Handroll. It features two types of premium seasonal sea urchin, topped on rice and cradled by A-grade jet black nori sheets. The uni was super creamy and literally melted in my mouth.

After this, we had a miso soup, before enjoying our dessert, which comprised an eggplant ice cream with biscuit crumble and tamago! What a weird combination, right? It tasted really, really good and I kept wanting more.


You can also order ala carte items to go along with your omakase, including hand rolls, seasonal grilled fish and more.

I have only good things to share about my experience at Taiga Dining! The staff were really friendly, and I loved the food. The serving portions were just right and I did not feel like bursting after the omakase. My boyfriend also mentioned that this was his best omakase experience thus far, and I can agree with him for sure. Do give Taiga Dining your support if you can, because I believe their quality of food is superb and the price tag is not atrociously expensive!


That's all for today, thanks for reading and see you next post.

Taiga Dining @ Conrad Hotel
Address: 1 Cuscaden Road, #01-03/04, Conrad Singapore, Singapore 249715
Telephone: +65 8031 4306


Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out these other Singapore omakase reviews. Follow my Instagram @faithjoanchua and YouTube for more content.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Klook.com