Level 33 @ MBFC Review: Alfresco Rooftop Dining

by - March 01, 2023

level-33-review

Hey, friends! I don't often splurge on expensive meals, but I like to go all out on special occasions. To celebrate my boyfriend and I's fourth-year anniversary, I booked a reservation and one of the nicest rooftop restaurants in Singapore, Level 33. Level 33 is also a microbrewery and bar!

My boyfriend loves dining with a view, so I booked alfresco seats for us, which required a minimum spend of S$100 per person and a deposit of S$50 prior to the booking. Even though I booked this a month in advance, I wasn't able to get a 7pm slot and had to settle for a much later 8:30pm slot instead.

The nearest MRT station to Level 33 is Downtown MRT Station. From the underpass, head towards Marina Bay Financial Centre Tower 1 and look out for the signs pointing to the restaurant.

We had to take an elevator up to the restaurant. Once we were there, we could immediately see the gorgeous view of Marina Bay, thanks to the restaurant's floor-to-ceiling glass windows.

level-33-view

Our seats were perfect, and so was the weather. It was super windy that night, and my hair was blowing all over the place, but I just loved the breeze!

beef-tartare

For starters, we had the Beef Tartare (S$26) and Butternut Pumpkin Egg Free Ravioli (S$24). I really liked the beef tartare as it was umami and tasty, though I felt like the ravioli was missing something. Maybe it was the eggs! The wild mushroom emulsion that came with it was good though.

seafood-platter

For myself, I got the Level 33 Signature Raw & Chilled Sustainable Seafood Platter, which cost S$48 per person. This platter came with shucked oysters, Hokkaido scallop sashimi, kingfish sashimi, ocean trout sashimi, organic mussels, salmon roe, octopus, poached prawns and more. The seafood tasted fresh, although I thought that the price was quite expensive for the portion served.

pork-chop

My boyfriend got the Free Range Australian Pork Chop (S$42), featuring miso and blond lager glaze, house-made white kimchi, sweet shallots, and pear. This pork chop was one of the best we've ever had. The meat was tender and literally bursting with juices with each bite.

level-33-dessert

We also ordered desserts—Tiramisu (S$16) and IPA Creme Caramel (S$16). The creme caramel was a delicious dessert that went well with the smoked berry compote. The tiramisu, unfortunately, was a letdown and was not sweet enough. The taste of the alcohol was also very muted.


To hit our S$100 per person minimum spend, we also ordered their freshly brewed craft beers.

level-33-beer

I had the Blond Lager (S$9.90) and my boyfriend had the Stout (S$9.90). The beers were really refreshing and cleared our palate as well.

level-33-food

Final thoughts? The food here is definitely expensive, and although tasty, I wouldn't pay so much for it on a typical day. I guess we're really paying for the views and the experience because the food is not extraordinary. Still delicious, but I can get better food at a cheaper price elsewhere.

Also, do take note that this restaurant is super touristy, so if you're in the alfresco area, be prepared to have your personal space intruded on by tourists who only care about taking pictures for the 'gram. I had people literally reach their hand over my head just to take pictures, knock my bag off my chair because they were scrambling to pose in front of MBS, and flash their camera lights non-stop while doing so. The guests were super annoying, so if I were to come back, I'll be heading inside.

Still glad I got to experience Level 33 for myself, and whether you bump into annoying tourists or not, I'm sure you'll enjoy your own experience there too!

Thanks for reading, and see you next post.


Level 33 @ Marina Bay Financial Centre
Address: 8 Marina Boulevard, #33 - 01, Tower 1, Singapore 018981
Telephone: +65 6834 3133


Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out these other Singapore bar reviews. Follow my Instagram @faithjoanchua and YouTube for more content.

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hello, very informative post. Is the $50 deposit deducted from the total bill?

    ReplyDelete