Woori Restaurant @ East Coast Road Authentic Korean BBQ Review

by - July 06, 2020

Woori Korean Restaurant Food Review

woori restaurant review

Not sure where to eat? I've got an East Coast plan for ya!

I'm a frequent customer of this Korean BBQ restaurant at East Coast Road, and it's called Woori Restaurant. It's quite a cosy place and it's also really great for small groups - so you can squeeze your group of 5 friends and enjoy authentic Korean cuisine together during Phase 2!
woori restaurant interior
Every time I go with my friends and family, we always order the same thing. Here are some of our favourites:

  • Bottom Sirloin (Chuck Flap Tail) $38
  • Pork Neck $35
  • Pork Belly (Black Pig) $25
  • Seafood Pancake $18
  • Blackbean Noodle $16
  • Watermelon Soju $29


You also get free sides with your meal such as kimchi, korean spinach, seasoned soybean sprouts, chicken, and sausages. The sides here are really good and appetising.
woori restaurant side dishes and watermelon soju
The last time I went to Woori Restaurant, me, my sister, and my boyfriend ordered a Watermelon Soju to share. The portion is quite large, enough for each person to have 2 full cups each. The soju is pretty strong as well - different from the Watermelon Soju you get from places like Chicken Up which tend to be so diluted I won't get drunk even with 10 glasses. Best of all, it's also really refreshing and you don't feel like gagging when you go bottoms up.

The Seafood Pancake is one of our all time favourites and the sauce is AMAZING. By itself the pancake is already heaven, but add the sauce and you've died and went to heaven the second time. It's also quite filling, but honestly I couldn't stop myself from eating.
woori restaurant seafood pancakes black bean noodles
My boyfriend loves the Blackbean Noodles from Woori Restaurant and he orders it every time. Compared to the Blackbean Noodles elsewhere, the ones here aren't as sweet and the sauce isn't as thick. Somehow the noodles are just lighter. I actually prefer it to be sweeter AND thicker, but my boyfriend loves it this way so I think it's a matter of preference. Nevertheless, the noodles are still great and I always can't get enough of it.

Now onto the highlights of the meal - the meat!
woori restaurant beef
Funny story - every time I come to Woori, I somehow just got my braces tightened a few days before so it'll hurt to eat. Interestingly, the meat here is so soft that chewing isn't a problem. My favourite of all is the Bottom Sirloin (above) because it's thick, juicy, and marinated SOOOOO well. Just thinking about it makes me drool.

The Pork Neck and Pork Belly (below) are more fatty, although the meat itself is thinner in size. I don't really like fatty meat so I stay away from the Pork Belly, but the Pork Neck is chewy so I don't mind it. The taste is great too so it's hard to say no to it.
woori restaurant pork
Food aside, another thing I love about Woori Restaurant is their excellent service. Their staff are super friendly and very alert. Another plus about this place is that you don't need to cook your own food at all because the staff does it for you. You just sit there while they barbeque and serve you. You'll just be busy eating!

The restaurant may be quite far for some of you who don't live at the East, so you'll be glad to know that Woori Restaurant is available on Deliveroo! I really hope that their business booms because the food and service here is SO GREAT, so do show them your support and come down for some awesome, authentic Korean food!

Woori Restaurant
Address: 99 East Coast Road, 428795 Singapore
Telephone: +65 6440 0507



Love this post? Feel free to share and comment or check out my review of Little Sheep Hot Pot.

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. My friend and I were and still are disgusted by how stingy the restaurant has become. We used to adore this Korean BBQ restaurant in the east, but our impression on this jewel has changed over the weekend. We spent around $90 for 2 pax, for 2 plates of pork (one marinated & one original, which costs us $25 per plate; a plate of seafood pancake; a bottle of beer; and of course the side dishes).
    Firstly, we were not friendly welcomed by the crew. When we indicated 2 pax, the Ajumma just pointed the table and signaled us to sit there, without even a proper greeting.
    Perhaps, this is the very first Korean restaurant, where we are not allowed to ask for refill of the side dishes. Only 2 time refill is allow. In the first place, the portion of side dishes provided was extremely pathetic! Only 3 small pieces of tofu, and a few slices of cucumbers, and so on.
    If considered the portion of meat is definitely overpriced, and that should at least cover by slightly more flexible on the side dish serving.
    I am not trying to be another cheapskate by only eating the side and not spend on the mains. But, the point is most (if not all) Korean restaurants here do serve side dishes continuously. Not to forget on the portion is actually more generous compared to WOORI's.
    I used to adore this place very much, because the previous crew was more welcoming, friendly and generous. But, definitely not the one now.
    We do have better options all around Singapore. You are pushing your customers away with our calculative acts! So sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete