Here Kitty Kitty @ Clarke Quay: Zouk Speakeasy Bar Food Review

by - October 15, 2021

here-kitty-kitty-review

Hey friends, it's time for another very fun food review and today I will be reviewing the latest speakeasy bar in Singapore called Here Kitty Kitty! Located in Clarke Quay, Here Kitty Kitty is operated by Zouk and is taking over the space previously occupied by Get Juiced (RIP my favourite bengster bar). I used to work at Zouk during pre-pandemic days and my ex-colleagues have been telling me to try out their new food ventures, so I wanted to show my support as well.

We took the staircase beside the building up to the restaurant and was greeted by their Here Kitty Kitty's friendly staff. The first thing that caught my eye when I walked into this lobby area was the beautiful pink decor with lanterns all over the ceiling. It was really beautiful and instantly transported me into Japan!
here-kitty-kitty-clarke-quay
Once we entered the restaurant itself, I was in awe of how unique the interior was. First, there were these autumn leaves covering the ceiling with made the bar look outdoors-ish, but 'inside' at the same time. There was also a large Japanese mural at the end of the restaurant sporting bright colours and cute animals. The restaurant itself had many different 'sections' that offered guests privacy as well.
here-kitty-kitty-cq
Also, look at their gorgeous bar! It looked very lavish and luxurious, and many guests were seated at the bar counters watching the bartenders work their magic.
here-kitty-kitty-sg
The staff asked us if we would like to seat at the counter or in one of the separate rooms, and we opted for the rooms. The little section we were seated in made us feel like we were in a Japanese auntie's retro living room from the 1940s. The decorations were very well thought out from the vintage posters to the old photo frames, and random knick-knacks.
here-kitty-kitty-bar-review
The wall my boyfriend was facing against had this very pretty, vintage wallpaper with photo frames of these women. I personally feel that he looks right at home!

After settling in, we proceeded to place our order. All the items on the menu are actually Izakaya-style bar-bites, so be sure you've had dinner before coming here! We made the mistake of forgoing dinner, so we ordered lots of food. First we had the Tsukune (S$14) which were their house-made meatballs. The meatballs were delicious - very soft and tender and packed with umami flavours, although I would have liked there to be a little more sauce.
here-kitty-kitty-food-review
We also got the Tori Karaage (S$14) with fried chicken and mentaiko. I am a sucker for mentaiko and was pleasantly surprised by this dish. I usually don't like karaage because it's a very fried dish with lots of batter and little meat, but I felt that the Tori Karaage was very crispy, and the meat was quite juicy. The mentaiko flavours were slightly muted but I appreciated that as it made the dish easy to eat instead of being overwhelming with too many flavours.
here-kitty-kitty-food
The Here Kitty Kity Signature Maki (S$28) was our most filling dish of the night. It had soft-shell crab, tobiko, mixed salad, bonito flakes, mayo, and sushi rice.
here-kitty-kitty-zouk
Our last dish was the Golden Fries With Uni Dip (S$16). This one was literally normal fries with a dip, so I thought it was not very worth the money. However, I have to admit the fries were quite good and were very crispy, and not too dry.

View the menu at Here Kitty Kitty


Seeing that we were in a bar, we had to order drinks!

I got myself a drink on the special menu called Fruity (S$22), which had a bitter and tangy taste coupled with floral notes. I loved that there was some Calpis inside to give it a sweet flavour too! The Fruity was also incredibly easy to drink and I couldn't stop myself from sipping on it. Another good thing about the drink was that even after consuming lots of it, I did not feel very flushed or tipsy. I could taste the alcohol but did not feel much of its negative effects.
here-kitty-kitty-cocktails
My boyfriend got himself the Ume Whiskey Sour (S$24) with Maker's Mark bourbon, ume, apricot, and egg white. The drink was milky, umami, and sweet and also very, very easy to drink. It also came with a really cute paw print foam design.

Overall, we thought the drinks at Here Kitty Kitty were fantastic and very unique. The food was great too, but don't expect to come here for a full meal because the portions are really just suitable as bar bites. The food is also quite expensive but oh well, I can overlook that because I really enjoyed the entire experience.

That's it for today's review, thanks for reading and see you next post!

Make a reservation at Here Kitty Kitty


Here Kitty Kitty @ Clarke Quay
Address: 3E River Valley Road, #02-01, The Cannery, Clarke Quay, S179024
Telephone: +65 9489 8357
Website





Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out this Pasta Bar review. Follow my Instagram @faithjoanchua and YouTube for more content.

You May Also Like

0 comments