The Working Class @ Boat Quay: All-Day Breakfast Food Review

by - October 16, 2021

the-working-class-cafe-review

Hey friends! Been exploring food around the CBD recently and I came across this cafe called The Working Class. What drew me in was the interior of the cafe as it looked really chic and modern, and there weren't a lot of guests at the time so we thought it would be a nice, quiet place to chill. We were there around noon but The Working Class had an all-day breakfast menu and the prices looked decent.
the-working-class-boat-quay
For myself, I ordered the Avocado Scrambled Eggs On Sourdough With Smoked Salmon (S$12.90). I loved the sourdough bread which was thick and filling, but I especially went nuts for the avocado. There was such a generous amount! The avocados went perfectly well with the scrambled eggs which offered a creamy taste to the overall dish. I also liked the smoked salmon but thought that the salmon pieces were quite little. If there were more salmon, the entire dish would have had stronger flavours!
the-working-class-food
My boyfriend got the Truffled Sautéed Mushroom And Scrambled Eggs Croissant (S$9.90). The taste was delicious and we loved the croissant which was soft and fluffy. The mushrooms were also buttery, smoky, and soft, but there were too few of them! There were literally eight small pieces of the button mushrooms, and my boyfriend kept complaining about the portion.
the-working-class-food-review
As we were both still starving, we ordered a plate of the Salmon Mentaiko Linguine (S$18.90). The pasta sauce was absolutely creamy and the salmon chunks were moderately rich in taste, but the mentaiko flavour was very muted. I have to complain about the portion again, because, at S$18.90, the serving was quite small. I wouldn't mind if they served less salmon with more pasta.
the-working-class-pasta

View The Working Class menu


For drinks, we had the Iced White (S$5.50) which is basically a latte. The latte was decent and strong, the kind that would recharge you after a food coma. It was rather refreshing too!
the-working-class-coffee
The Working Class is a pretty decent place to come and have a peaceful, quiet brunch, but I'm not sure I would come here again. If I was in the area and there were no other options, I may come here for their coffee, but probably not for the food. Don't get me wrong, the food was good and I would say even above average, but you'd have to order at least two dishes to have your fill.
the-working-class-boat-quay-review
However, their sharing plates do look quite decent in terms of the portion. I wouldn't mind coming back to try those next time!

That's all for today's post, thanks for reading and see you next post.


The Working Class @ Boat Quay
Address: 26 Circular Rd, S049382
Telephone: +65 8772 6288


Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out this GOPIZZA review. Follow my Instagram @faithjoanchua and YouTube for more content.

You May Also Like

0 comments