Going To Bangkok AGAIN: What I Did On My Second 4D3N Visit

by - February 12, 2020


So it seems like Bangkok is starting to grow on me a lot! I went back for the second time in 3 months and covered many new places. This time, I was there for 4 full days, so I managed to cover a lot more and do more shopping! Most of the places I went to were located around Chit Lom as I stayed at the Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel.

From eating to night market shopping and playing with a gigantic husky, here are 8 things I did on my most recent trip to Bangkok!

1. Eat at Savoey, an authentic Thai restaurant in the heart of Bangkok

If you're looking for somewhere to eat near the city centre, I strongly recommend Savoey, a Thai restaurant serving authentic Thai food at Mercury Ville Chit Lom. The food here is value for money with generous portions, and tastes delicious. No wonder they have so many positive reviews online!
We ordered their Thai Green Curry (165 baht), Stir-fried Mixed Vegetables (140 baht) and Mixed Seafood Tom Yum Soup (280 baht); for drinks we ordered fresh coconut juice and the Sparkling Butterfly Pea Lemongrass Juice (a must try).

2. Visit Bangkok's gigantic 5-storey Jim Thompson outlet
I was never really a fan of Jim Thompson, but I am now! Bangkok's Jim Thompson Outlet is 5-stories tall and has the latest collection of silk scarves, handbags, clothes, furniture decor, and accessories. The prices are also at least 30% cheaper than the ones you'd see in retail stores.
The 5th floor also houses a cosy cafe called Cafe 93 where you can feast on atas Thai food - Jim Thompson style. We ordered the Khao Niow Ma-Moung mango sticky rice (220 baht), Phad Mee Korat (220 baht), and Tom Yam Goong (240 baht). Personally I felt that the prices were reasonable since there's the "Jim Thompson" brand, and the food was really, really good!

3. Shop at Terminal 21, an airport themed shopping mall

Terminal 21 is one of my favourite shopping malls because of its around-the-world theme, and the abundance of local brands! Some of the "destinations" available at the mall are Rome, Paris, London, Tokyo, and San Fransisco.
Though the prices here are not as cheap as the clothes you'll find at night markets, the mall does have mid-range designer brands for you to check out. The mall also has a 5-star food court.

4. Get a beer and get hounded by the stall aunties at Talad Neon

Warning: If you don't like being grabbed by aunties and having a food menu shoved in your face, by all means avoid the food stretch at Talad Neon.
Other than the very aggressive aunties, I actually really enjoyed my time at the Neon Night Market. While it is a little out of the way, the stuff sold here are quite unique and different from other night markets. I saw many local brands selling really cool looking clothes and bags, and the fake designer brands here look pretty legit as well. You can also get a cheap gel manicure for 200 baht.
If you really need to eat, just head to the end of the market where you'll see container-box restaurants adorned with fairy lights. The food is good and the prices are alright too. Most importantly, the shop aunties won't chase you up and down!

5. Go cafe hopping at the trendy Ari Street
I've heard so much about Ari Street and the Instagrammable cafes there, so I was really excited when we had one free day to check it out! I had lunch at this restaurant called Benchamas (shown above) which served the best Thai fusion food I've ever tasted! The place is looks very classy with its elegant dinnerware and decor.
Later I had great coffee at Aribica, a quaint cafe with books! For dessert, we headed to a board game cafe called Dice! and played one round of Rummikub. Customers only need to pay 50 baht per person to play, and you get to choose from up to 100 different boardgames.
6. Get an excellent authentic Thai massage at the luxurious Diora

All the walking around is bound to make you feel a little sore and weary, so heard down to Diora Bangkok Langsuan, a luxurious spa with excellent massages and fantastic service! My boyfriend and I both opted for the 120-minute hot stone massage which cost about S$90 per person. The spa was so comfortable that we both dozed off, and the staff were very nice and understanding when I told them I didn't want to be massaged in certain areas like the sole of my feet. There's also a shower for you to wash up after the massage, for those of you who don't like the oily after-massage feeling on your skin.
Customers are also served some warm drinks and dessert before and after the massage, so you get to experience the full range of their great servive. We were also gifted a 200 baht voucher to use on their products such as essential oils, shower gel, or body lotion.

As the spa is usually fully booked, do make sure to make a reservation a day in advance so you won't be disappointed!

7. Play with big doggies at HOP House of Paws

My boyfriend and I always made a point to visit a dog cafe whenever we travel. A couple of quick google searches led us to HOP House of Paws, a dog cafe known for their big doggies!

The dog cafe is located just behind Siam Square One, which makes it a rare dog cafe that isn't too out of the way. The cafe has over 10 different breeds of dogs to play with, including, alaskan malamute, shetland sheepdog, and huskies. They do have smaller dogs too, such as corgis and beagle.

To enter, you have to order 1 drink and dessert per person, which costs about 250-350 baht. You can also buy treats for 100 baht. One thing I loved about this place is that the dogs are quite friendly and would come up to you even if you don't have treats!

8. Shop for wholesale clothing pieces at the Platinum Fashion Mall

If your main objective in Bangkok is shopping, Platinum Fashion Mall will keep you entertained for at least two whole days. It's a bit like an indoor Chatuchak Weekend Market that specializes in wholesale fashion clothing and accessories. It has 4 floors of shopping space with up to 1,300 shops. Each floor is named after famous shopping districts around the world such as Orchard, Ginza, and Soho. Both men and women will have a great time shopping here!
The place is also super popular among Singaporeans, so don't be surprised when you find yourself bumping into some friends!

Finding a strategic place to stay in Bangkok

In order to fully make the best of your short weekend in Bangkok, it is best to book a place right in the heart of the city centre. I stayed at the Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel at Chit Lom which is a walking distance from shopping malls such as Platinum Fashion Mall, Central World, and Gaysorn Village.

Check out my review of my stay here!



Love this post? Feel free to share and comment or check out my other Bangkok travel review here.

You May Also Like

0 comments