Percolate Coffee @ Bedok North Food Review

by - December 28, 2020

Percolate Coffee @ Bedok Food Review

faithjoanchua-percolate-food-review

I recently started my internship at a publishing company at Bedok so I've been exploring the eateries around the area cos you know, #eastsidebestside. There aren't many cafes here (if they are please let me know!), but there's this one cafe called Percolate that everyone has been raving about. I was curious to see what the hype was about, so I made a visit last week!

Percolate is located at Bedok North, a few doors down from Nakhon, and is also next to Hay Gelato. I remember there were a lot of people inside the small cafe, and customers kept coming in and out so I figured their business must be doing well. The cafe was very cozy, dimly-lit, and had this industrial-looking vibe to it which I liked!

I was there during lunchtime and my stomach was growling like mad so I didn't hold back on the orders. 

Here's the Percolate menu for those of you who want to take a look.

For myself, I ordered the Prawn Curry Mash (S$13) which was basically a dish with prawns, sakura ebi, cherry tomatoes, and mashed potatoes mixed in Japanese curry. I remember the curry to be really thick and the curry to be rather mild. It wasn't the best dish, but it was more filling than the other dishes we got. There were quite a lot of ingredients but the mashed potato and curry were too overpowering - I would have liked the other flavors to come out a bit more! However, I appreciated that the portion was hearty and I was quite full after that.
faithjoanchua-percolate-food-prawn-curry-mash
My boyfriend got the Bangers and Mash which I think is not on the menu anymore, but the sausages were great. As you can see the mash potatoes were overflowing too.
faithjoanchua-percolate-food-bangers-and-mash
One rather interesting dish they had was the Smoked Duck & Mala Soba (S$14.50) which was also one of their recommended dishes. This was a fusion dish with spicy mala soba noddles, smoked duck breast, peanuts, and mushrooms. I remember there wasn't much of the 'ma' not it, but the spiciness really came in with a kick. The duck breast was thick and juicy and so were the noodles, making the overall dish one with really strong, flavourful tastes.
faithjoanchua-percolate-food-smoked-duck-mala-soba
Since Percolate is known for their croissant sandwiches, we also ordered two of their croissants - the Smoked Salmon Wasabi Cream Cheese (S$9) and this other croissant that I can't find on the menu now. (I think they change their menus regularly? Or is it a secret menu? IDK) The croissants were the best out of all the food, and I personally loved the smoked salmon one because it was so crisp and umami, and perfectly spiked with the wasabi. The wasabi did make me cry because it was so strong, but #noregrets.
faithjoanchua-percolate-food-croissant-sandwich
For drinks, we had the White Mocha (S$5.50) and Emerald Mint (S$6) hot tea. My boyfriend said the coffee was really good and strong and had a really strong aroma. It also wasn't diluted at all and had a special after taste. Can't explain how it was - you'll have to taste it yourself! The Emerald Mint was super refreshing and woke me straight up from my food coma too.
faithjoanchua-percolate-tea
My experience here was good and I think the dishes are very simple, though not all are filling. For the price, I would expect the portions to be larger. But I have to give credit when credit is due and say that their croissants are marvelous. Honestly, you can skip everything else and just order those (and the coffee too).

If you're lazy to come all the way to Bedok, you can order from them on Deliveroo and Food Panda. To beat the queue, you can also order in advance before you reach.

Thanks for reading and see you next post~

Percolate Coffee
Address: 136 Bedok North Ave 3, #01-152, S460136
Telephone: +65 8259 0316

Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out my Kara Cafe Dessert & Bar review.

You May Also Like

0 comments