Pujim BBQ @ Amoy Street Telok Ayer Food Review

by - January 04, 2021

Pujim Restaurant Korean BBQ Food Review

faithjoanchua_pujim food review

Welcome to Phase 3 everybody!

To celebrate this momentous season, my fam and I visited this Korean BBQ restaurant at Amoy Street, Telok Ayer - Pujim BBQ. We've been craving BBQ since forever, so it was great to sink my teeth into some awesome meat!
faithjoanchua_pujim review
Pujim is really popular and we had to make a reservation two months in advance just to get a chance to dine there! The ambience was quite nice, and it was very chic and trendy with lots of neon lights. YPs would definitely love it here.

First off was the starters. They served us SO MANY side dishes, and the best thing was that they were all unique and tasty. Too bad there wasn't any potato salad though because I would have lived for that!
faithjoanchua_pujim_sides
We ordered the NaengMyeon (S$15), JjaJang RaMyeon (S$6.90), Pork Bone Stock Kimchi Stew (S$19) and a KimChi Jeon (S$23).
faithjoanchua-pujim-food-noodles
Although my favourite dish was the JjaJang RaMyeon, I didn't think it was spectacular but it sure was hearty and saucy as hell. The kimchi stew and NaengMyeon were decent and I did enjoy them too.
faithjoanchua-pujim-meat-kimchi
On the other hand, I'm sorry to say the kimchi pancake was a total flop. At S$23 I expected so much more, but it was just a salty, dry hot mess.

While these dishes weren't the best, the meat was pretty awesome! We had the Striploin Premium A4 Wagyu (S$43), Pujim Signature Marinated Brisket Wagyu (S$18) and Rib Finger Iberico Bellota (S$19).
faithjoanchua-pujim-meat-review
I loved the Rib Finger and both wagyu! All were super juicy, well marinated, tender, soft - just gotta keep pushing out delicious adjectives here, but yeah it was that good. Each one had a different texture and feel to it so I never ever got jelak of the having so much meat. Each of the tastes was also very distinct.
faithjoanchua-pujim-meat
Is it worth waiting two months just to eat here at Pujim BBQ? Well the food was good, but there are many other BBQ places that taste as great or even better. I have to say the meat was fantastic, though I wish I could say the same for their non-meat dishes. Overall I rate it a 7/10!

See you next post~

Pujim BBQ
Address: 82 Amoy St, S069901
Telephone: +65 6224 1588
Website


Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out my Woori Restaurant review.

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. have you tried any super nice korean food in telok ayer? been looking at some list but not sure which to go for with my limited time here in Singapore

    ReplyDelete