Le Jardin @ Fort Canning: French Garden Restaurant Food Review

by - January 03, 2022

le-jardin-review

Hey, Faithfuls! Hope the first week of 2022 has been treating you well. There was one restaurant that I've been wanting to visit for the longest time but was unable to get a reservation because it was always fully booked, and that restaurant is Le Jardin, a French cafe located at the Fort Canning Arts Centre. For those with pets, you should know that Le Jardin is also pet-friendly!

The reason why Le Jardin is so popular is that its interior is really gorgeous and super Instagrammable. Since it's flower-themed, the restaurant almost resembles a garden more than a restaurant. I've also heard reviews that their food is good, so I wanted to give it a try.

le jardin-fort-canning

There is also an outdoor seating area that looks gorgeous. Unfortunately, it was raining heavily so we had to be shifted inside.

We were there around 5.30pm, which was when the dinner menu was served. For sharing, we also got the Jerusalem Artichoke (S$12), a warm and hearty soup. This soup was very delightful and although I would have liked it to be creamier, it was easy to drink and made the perfect appetizer.

le jardin-jerusalem-artichoke

I got myself the Grilled Kurobuta Pork Loin (S$34), a rather hearty dish served with mashed potatoes in a separate bowl. I found the pork to be quite sweet, although it was a little dry. It was also on the fattier side, which I am generally not a fan of, but my boyfriend liked it!

le-jardin-kurobuta

I much preferred the Ora King Salmon (S$30). The salmon came in a big portion and melted in my mouth. I absolutely loved the creamy sauce as well.

le-jardin-salmon

View the menu for Le Jardin


For drinks, we shared a pot of Lily Rose (S$10.90). The tea had a rosy aroma that we could instantly smell before we even tasted it, and was the perfect palate-cleanser!

le-jardin-rose-tea

A unique drink we got was the Mermaid Tears (S$8.90), a speciality drink which came in very aesthetic 'perfume bottle' glasses. It was actually a butterfly blue pea tea mixed with lemon juice and sugar syrup, and when you added the different liquids together, the blue hues actually turned purple!

le-jardin-mermaid-tears

Our bill totalled about S$80++. Yes, it is expensive, but I personally feel that the quality of the food and the ingredients were good. The food did not blow us away, but it was still delicious. Most importantly, the food came in generous sizes, which we really appreciated!

My regret is that we didn't manage to experience the outdoor seating, so I think I will definitely come back again and get a seat outside! I feel that the ambience inside and outside are quite different, so you can always come more than once to experience the different vibes.

le jardin-review

That's all for today, so see you next post (:

Make a reservation for Le Jardin


Le Jardin @ Fort Canning Park
Address: 5 Cox Terrace, Level 2, Fort Canning Arts Centre, S179620
Telephone: +65 8338 8281


Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out this Clos Pasoh review. Follow my Instagram @faithjoanchua and YouTube for more content.

You May Also Like

0 comments