Patara @ Tanglin Mall: Fine Thai Cuisine Food Review

by - July 01, 2022

patara-review

Hey, Faithfuls! So my parents came to Singapore to attend my graduation and we finally met after 2 years! To celebrate the completion of my tertiary education, my mom decided to treat my family and aunt's family to an atas Thai dinner. I love Thai food and I've never experienced a Thai fine dining restaurant before, so I was really excited when my aunt said we were going to Patara Fine Thai Cuisine.

Patara Fine Thai Cuisine is located at Tanglin Mall, and we made a reservation about a week beforehand. The restaurant has private rooms as well for larger groups. Once we were seated, we ordered the Benjarong Set at S$68++ for everyone.

patara-thai-cuisine

The Benjarong Set starts off with an amuse-bouche, the Ma Hor with minced tofu on pineapple.

patara-benjarong-set

Then the appetizer came, which was the Pu Nim - fried soft shell crab with Thai herbs and sweet, tangy dressing. Salad was served alongisde the Pu Nim. The Yum Som-o was a fresh pomelo and prawn salad tossed with lemongrass and lime leaves. This was a zesty dish and was extremely refreshing. At this point, my appetite was absolutely rilled up.

patara-fine-thai-cuisine-review

Next was Tom Kamin Gai, which is a hot and sour turmeric soup consisting of chicken and coriander. I am not a big fan of soup, but I liked this one. It was also mildly spicy, yet easy to drink and left a nice warm feeling in my tummy. The main course was fish served with Thai Jasmine rice and a flavourful mix of mushrooms.

patara-thai-tanglin

Last was dessert. Unfortunately the Khao Niew Ma Muang - the mango sticky rice -  was sold out, so we had to settle for some Red Ruby. The Red Ruby was crunchy unlike the usual sticky ones I'm used to, but I liked it. The coconut milk was sweet and not too thick, making it the perfect refreshing dessert to end the night.

patara-thai-review

The food at Patara Fine Thai Cuisine was exquisite and I loved every single dish. Unfortunately, the service at the restaurant was very, very slow, probably because they are severely understaffed. It was difficult to get the staff's attention and although they were friendly, they took a long time to serve us even our drinks, which took about 40 minutes to come (even after the food was served). Then again, I really empathise with the lack of manpower, and since the food was so good, I won't complain!

Capture the Power of Color promotion

That's it for today's review, see you next post!

Make a reservation for Patara Fine Thai Cuisine


Patara Fine Thai Cuisine @ Tanglin Mall
Address: 163 Tanglin Rd, #03-121, S247933
Telephone: +65 6737 0818


Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out this Red Sparrow review. Follow my Instagram @faithjoanchua and YouTube for more content.

You May Also Like

0 comments