Merci Marcel @ Club Street: French Cafe Food Review

by - September 03, 2022

merci-marcel-review

Hey, Faithfuls! So it's been a while since I've been out for brunch at a nice fancy cafe. I've been to many cafes but there was one I haven't got the chance to visit, which was Merci Marcel. Judging by the name, you can probably tell that it's a French cafe. While I like French cafes, they have the tendency to sell really expensive food in measly, miserable portions. I was hoping Merci Marcel would be different because it looked really pretty and the food seemed promising as well!

merci-marcel-review

I made a reservation for a Saturday afternoon at Merci Marcel's Club Street location. You can choose to sit indoors or outdoors, and I booked the outdoor seats because they had better lighting. I was really glad I got to sit outside because look how pretty.

merci-marcel-review

We proceeded to order through their online menu. For myself, I got the Smoked Salmon Burger (S$23), which had avocados, mesclun, and a bretzel bun. The burger was more like a sandwich because it was on the small side, so don't expect to be full with this. It did come with a side of salad, which was appetizing. The avocado was amazing and super creamy, and the smoked salmon had just the right amount of saltiness to it.

merci-marcel-smoked-salmon

My friend got herself the Ravioles De Royans (S$20), which was a French dumpling pasta filled with cheese. NGL, this was delicious, but the portion was so, so small. Like, if you look at the picture I took, you can literally see the bottom of the plate because there was no height to the dish. It was sad because we wanted more, but before we started there was already nothing left.

merci-marcel-ravioli

Since we were still hungry, we decided to share a slice of the Chocolate Cake (S$12), which was topped with homemade whipped cream. If anything, I thought the cake was more worth the money compared to the other dishes we ordered. It was also dense and not too sweet, and the cream was very soft and light.

merci-marcel-chocolate-cake

I wanted to get some drinks, so I ordered the Rose Cider (S$14). It was really sweet and refreshing and went really well with the sweet chocolate cake.

merci-marcel-rose-cider

So... final thoughts? I thought the food here was delicious, but I was quite disappointed with the portions. Yes, I definitely expected to have these petite portions since this was a French cafe, but with the food being so tasty, I really wish they served more! If you want to visit Merci Marcel, you may want to consider eating something light before coming though.

That's all for today's review, see you next post!

Make a reservation for Merci Marcel


Merci Marcel @ Club Street
Address: 7-9 Club St, S-69403
Telephone: +65 6438 3913



Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out these other French food reviews. Follow my Instagram @faithjoanchua and YouTube for more content.

You May Also Like

0 comments