Ayasofya Turkish Restaurant @ Bugis: Turkish Food Review

by - August 31, 2022

ayasofya-bugis-review

Hey, Faithfuls! Today I want to announce that I may have just found one of the best Turkish restaurants in Singapore. Here me out - my aunt brought me, and my mom and dad to this super touristy place at Bussorah Street, Bugis. Now as someone who's stayed in Singapore for the past seven years, Bussorah Street is not a place I'd go to for dinner, mainly because it's known for being a tourist trap. I have tried other restaurants there which I thought were pricey with mediocre food, so I was surprised when my aunt suggested Ayasofya Turkish Restaurant. It could not look any more touristy to be honest, with their staff standing outside the restaurant holding menus and calling for customers. Also, Bussorah Street is super crowded and we had to weave through the crowd just to get to the restaurant!

ayasofya-turkish-restaurant-review

We were warmly welcomed by the staff who offered us a long table outdoors, just perfect for eight of us. We were happy to sit outside because the view was fantastic, especially with the Sultan Mosque right behind us. It really felt like we were not in Singapore, and I thought it was fun feeling like a tourist again!

Everyone was really hungry, and our main priority was to order as much meat as we could. For starters, we got the Mixed Mezze Platter (S$36.90), a beautiful platter of Ayasofya's favourite mezze such as hummus, shakshuka, babaganoush, Salata, and dolma.

ayasofya-turkish-restaurant-food-review

It was served with hot Turkish lavash bread, popularly known as balloon bread. The balloon bread was soft and fluffy, and oh goodness how I loved the hummus which had mildly spiced cream with a mixture of chickpeas, tahini, and lemon juice.

ayasofya-turkish-restaurant-review-mezze

Next, we got my uncle the Mandi (S$29.90) with lamb. The mandi was a smoky dish served with Arabian rice and vegetables. The lamb was absolutely tender and could be easily pulled off the bone.

ayasofya-turkish-restaurant-review-lamb

We also ordered the impressive Mixed Grill For 4 (S$139.90), this humongous feast of lamb and chicken kebabs and grills, served with butter rice and a generous portion of vegetable salad. Each of the meat was tender and flavourful, and the butter rice was so fragrant I found myself eating it without anything else.

ayasofya-turkish-restaurant-review-mixed-grill

The highlight of the night had to be the Pottery Kebab (S$64.90) which also came with a fire show! This was an Anatolian speciality made with lamb and vegetables, and it is baked inside a clay pot and cracked open at your table. It definitely tasted as good as it looked.

ayasofya-turkish-restaurant-review-fire-show

We weren't planning to get any desserts, but we were kindly offered the Kunefe (S$14.90) for free! The Kunufe was delicious and was made of thin shredded pasty, baked with soft goat cheese and syrup. As a cheese lover, I instantly fell in love with how cheesy this was. The combination of tastes was something very unique that you don't taste often, but it blended perfectly well together.

ayasofya-turkish-restaurant

View the menu for Ayasofya Turkish Restaurant


I had such a great time with my family at Ayasofya Turkish Restaurant, and I want to give a big shout-out to the staff who made this dinner so special and wonderful. The service was incredibly quick although there were many customers, and the staff were so friendly and polite.

So yes, if you love Turkish food, be sure to give Ayasofya Turkish Restaurant a try and remember to make a reservation beforehand so you're not left disappointed!

That's all for today's review, see you next post.

Make a reservation for Ayasofya Turkish Restaurant


Ayasofya Turkish Restaurant @ Bugis
Address: 51 Bussorah St, S199467
Telephone: +65 9134 0468



Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out this Huevos review. Follow my Instagram @faithjoanchua and YouTube for more content.

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Happy to have my lover back…………………………

    Get Your Lover Back forever,

    Help That Really Work Fast,

    Contact him for Relationship/marital problem,

    Thanks to Robinson,,

    R.buckler11 @gmail…… com

    ReplyDelete