Cafe Found Review: The Editor's Market Cafe @ Ngee Ann City

by - March 29, 2024

cafe-found-review

Hey, Faithfuls! My friend recently got invited to a media tasting at Cafe Found, a cafe by The Editor’s Market. I was shook because as a XMM in 2015 who was a huge fan of TEM, how had I not heard of this cafe before?

cafe-found-ngee-ann-city

Cafe Found is located in the basement of Ngee Ann City, tucked away in a corner of The Editor's Market clothing store.

cafe-found-takashimaya

The cafe seamlessly blends into the fashion store, featuring white and grey tones, and a minimalist setting.

cafe-found-orchard

During the tasting, we were told that the cafe is launching a promotion throughout March. Thanks to this promo, diners can enjoy 15% off on weekdays with any cake and drink set.

matcha-cheesecake

We were served all kinds of yummy pastries and cakes. For example, there’s the Matcha Basque (S$9), featuring Niko Neko Matcha with cream cheese and eggs. This was my favorite as the earthiness of the matcha paired nicely with the saltiness of the cream cheese.

cafe-found-peanut-butter-cake

My friend was a fan of the Peanut Butter Mascarpone (S$7.50). This cheesecake featured mascarpone with the same cream cheese and peanut butter. This was one of the softest cheesecakes I’ve ever had and the peanut butter was not too sweet. I loved the fluffiness of the cake too.

cafe-found-sesame-cake

I also enjoyed the Black Sesame Swiss Roll (S$8). This was a more gao cake, as the black sesame paste was quite sweet, as well as the hazelnut cremeux.

coconut-mango-tart

I’m not a tart person but if you are, you can try the Coconut & Mango Tart (S$8.50). The coconut whipped ganache was my favorite and I think its sweetness paired well with the slight zestiness of the mango compote and honey jelly.

There are drinks too, including coffee. Coffee starts from S$4.50 for black and white coffee, or you can try one of my favs, which is the Cold Matcha Latte (S$7.50). This latte was very creamy but also quite "grassy".

I had the Cold Sesame Dirty (S$8.50) too. The sesame here was less sweet than the pastry but very, very milky, almost too milky. I would have liked the sesame flavours to come out more strongly.

After eating, you can go and shop or get some work done. The cafe is work-friendly and there were many people on their laptops, but do keep note that the space is small too so you don’t want to hog the table.

That's all for today's Cafe Found review, see you next post!

Cafe Found @ Ngee Ann City
Address: 391 Orchard Road, #B1-16, Ngee Ann City, Singapore 238872
Opening hours: Daily 10am to 7pm



Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out this Gem Cat Cafe review. Follow my Instagram @faithjoanchuaLemon8TikTok, and YouTube for more content.

You May Also Like

0 comments