My Qatar Airways Business Class Review!

by - June 20, 2024

qatar-airways-business-class-review

Hey, Faithfuls! I'm so excited to write this review because I flew business class for the first time! Obviously, I can't afford to buy business class tickets off the site, so I upgraded my seats instead, for my flight from Prague to Doha airport. I was really excited, of course. Did you know they were named the World’s Best Business Class in 2023?

The experience begins at check-in. Of course, when you fly business class, you also have a special lane to check in, so things are expedited.

qatar-aiways-business-class-seats

The Qatar colour scheme is maroon and grey, and this is reflected in the B777-300ER cabin I flew in. The seats here are super comfortable and can be reclined all the way to a full-size bed. FYI, the configuration in my business class was 1-2-1, with each seat angled slightly away from the aisle, I assume for more privacy. The window seats are angled towards the windows, so you are sitting with your back slightly towards the aisle.

The middle seats are angled towards each other, which I can imagine is great if you are travelling with someone. Luckily, there are dividers between the seats in case you're travelling with a stranger.

qatar-business-class-seats

There are more storage options at each seat, including a little compartment for your bag. There's also an elevated platform for your other things, such as your laptop, phone, or bottle, and they've stocked up a bottle of water for you here, too.

The 5-star service from the Qatar cabin crew began from the moment I stepped onto the plane. I was greeted by name, and a flight attendant made sure to introduce themselves to me personally. Then, they served me some bread and asked if I wanted any drinks. Of course, there is a great wine list, and I had a glass of red wine.

qatar-business-class-food-appetiser

The day's menu featured a decadent three-course meal. My meal started with the Sesame Seed Tuna Tataki With Waldorf Salad.

qatar-business-class-food-main-course

The main course was the Lobster Thermador, featuring creamy chive potato mash with baby carrots and asparagus.BTW, the lobster was so so good, and I felt like I was dining in a Michelin-star restaurant. So apparently, aeroplane food can taste this good if you're rich!

qatar-business-class-food-dessert

Dessert was a Dark Chocolate Praline Galette With Creme Anglaise, served with saffron cream and fresh berries.

qatar-business-class

After I was done with my meal, I was served a box of three chocolates from Laderach.

I love the entertainment options on Qatar flights. The movies and shows you get are obviously the same as the ones you get in economy, but for business class, you get these more comfortable headphones instead of earphones to watch your movies with.

business-class-qatar

Each seat is equipped with an 18-inch high-definition touchscreen, which is fixed to the seatback. It does not tilt or swivel, which means you can’t tilt it downwards if fully reclined in bed mode. Speaking of the bed mode, I could hardly feel the turbulence while I was lying down. As an anxious flyer, I really enjoyed this experience.

qatar-diptyque

Business class travellers also get freebies, including a mini travel pack from Diptyque, which includes perfume, lip balm, hand cream, and face cream!

On some Qatar flights, WiFi connection is free for one hour, but I chose to pay for WiFi for the entire flight. It cost me US$20. It was quite slow and cut off here and there, but I could still send and receive messages, and watch videos on Instagram.

qatar-business-class-toilet

The toilet in business class is about twice as large as in the economy. Inside, you have disposable toothbrushes and hand sanitiser, and you can obviously take a dump more comfortably. Of course, there are also fewer people in the queue for the loo, which is a huge plus!

qatar-business-class-transfer

When we arrived in Doha, a special bus chartered us from the plane to immigration. The bus was more posh than the ones you'd have to board if you're in economy. Everyone had one plush leather chair to sit in, and it was really comfy.

qatar-business-class-review

After my first business class experience with Qatar, I wonder if I can ever fly economy again, especially on long-haul flights. I remember being perpetually full the entire flight as the cabin crew constantly fed me with good food and wine. I usually hate flying, but for the first time ever, I wanted my flight to be longer.

Thanks for reading, and see you next post!


Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out this Singapore Airlines review. Follow my Instagram @faithjoanchuaLemon8TikTok, and YouTube for more content.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Klook.com