Flying Economy With Qatar Airways Review & Lounge Access!

by - June 27, 2024

qatar-airways-review

Hey, Faithfuls! I finally embarked on my proper trip for 2024 and decided to go far. Visiting at least 100 countries before I die is on my bucket list, and I'm unfortunately nowhere near achieving it. I haven't explored Europe much, so I mustered the courage to plan a trip to Poland and the Czech Republic and invited my grandma along. She's 78 years old, which meant I had to handle all the planning, including the itinerary, bookings, hotels, and flights. It's almost like planning a solo trip, NGL.

qatar-airlines

After comparing various flights to our destination, I decided to go with Qatar Airways, with a layover in Doha. Although I've flown with several airlines before, this was my first experience with Qatar Airways. I've heard good things about them, and having mostly flown budget airlines in my life because I'm broke AF, I was excited to experience their service.

qatar-airways-economy

Upon boarding the plane, the spaciousness was the first thing I noticed. The seats had decent legroom, though I am only 150cm tall. The seats were comfortably cosy.

qatar-airways-travel-kit

They also provided blankets, pillows, and a travel kit that included socks, an eye mask, a disposable toothbrush and toothpaste, and earplugs.

There were plenty of entertainment options, including movies, TV shows, podcasts, and games. They also offered one hour of free WiFi! However, I faced some issues during the flight. My in-flight screen didn't work on the second leg of the journey, but I was too tired to care and slept instead. My seat was also a bit tricky to recline, so I eventually gave up and just slept upright.

qatar-airways-food

The food was decent, though a bit bland, which is typical for airplane meals anyway. Considering we were in economy class, the variety and balance of the meals were pretty good, including bread, yoghurt, carbs, drinks, dessert, fruits, and a bottle of mineral water.

hamad-international-airport-lounge

I had a pleasant eight-hour flight to Hamad International Airport in Doha, sleeping through most of it with only minor turbulence. As a bonus, my parents suggested we opt for the Meet and Assist Service from Qatar Airways. I initially thought it was unnecessary, but it turned out to be a great idea, especially for my grandma. The Al Maha Services hostess met us at the aerobridge with a personalised name board, expedited our transit formalities, assisted us to the boarding gate, and ensured priority boarding.

doha-airport-lounge-food

This also includes lounge access, and guys forgive me when I say I can't remember the name of the lounge we visited, but trust me when I say I scoured the internet to find it but couldn't, so I'm flabbergasted. Did we enter an alternate reality? Regardless, the lounge we visited is the one that we get to visit for free as part of the Meet and Assist Service.

doha-airport-lounge-review

The lounge offered cold and light bites, drinks (including alcohol), and charging ports. Most people there were napping on the couches. You can also shower, though we didn't as we only had a three-hour layover. We spent most of the time napping, using our phones, and enjoying yoghurt.

doha-airport

Overall, I had a pleasant experience and felt pampered, especially with my grandma to share the perks. If you ever find yourself at Hamad International Airport, I highly recommend checking out these services!


Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out this Singapore Airlines review. Follow my Instagram @faithjoanchuaLemon8TikTok, and YouTube for more content.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Klook.com