MBS Staycation Review (Bonus: Lavo & New MBS Apple Store!)

by - October 25, 2020

Marina Bay Sands (MBS) Staycation Review

mbs staycation review

Hi guys, today I'll finally be sharing with you my MBS staycation experience! I was really looking forward to this staycation because I've never stayed at Marina Bay Sands before although I go there almost once a week, and of course one thing I really wanted to do was visit the Infinity Pool.

Just like my Hotel Michael staycation, this MBS staycation was free thanks to my boyfriend's aunt who had a free room. So of course we were really excited to go on this free staycation at one of Singapore's most famous hotels, on top of the fact that it was meant to be for my birthday celebration!
mbs staycation
Check-in was at 3pm at the MBS Main Lobby Tower 1 and it was crowded AF when we reached. There were at least 20 groups in front of us and the queue looked even longer because of social distancing. Thankfully we didn't wait too long - maybe about 20-30 minutes - and the staff were really efficient. The safe distancing measures here were also pretty strict, and the number of guests in and out of the Towers were constantly counted; safe distancing ambassadors were located right outside the entrance to the lifts and you had to scan your room key card to enter and they also asked you for your room number, and how many people were going in or out. We were also informed that guests can visit our rooms but they had to leave by 10pm.

Yeah intense, I know.
mbs hotel room
Thanks to an upgrade, we got a room on Level 50! My boyfriend thought the room looked pretty meh, but I actually liked its aesthetics and colours - very luxurious, warm and welcoming! Needless to say, the view was gorgeous.
mbs hotel amenities
The room was rather spacious and WFH-friendly; the workspace was large with a comfortable armchair and had multiple charging ports. It was right beside the balcony too so it felt so good to be doing work with Singapore's beautiful skyline in the background. There's also a mini fridge and Nespresso machine for those of us who need our coffee fix in the morning.
mbs hotel bathroom
I also loved the bathroom and practically leapt in joy when I saw the rain shower. Towels, bathrobes etc. were wrapped in plastic for hygiene purposes too.
mbs infinity pool
Most of you reading this would be most curious about one thing - the MBS Infinity Pool! I had to book slots to the pool weeks prior to our stay because we were worried that it would be fully booked. Fortunately we managed to book 1-hour slots a day (bookings are limited to 1 hour per room each day) - one at 9.30pm, one at 2pm and one at 6am.

Yup, 6am. We were desperate.

I have to tell you that I was blown away by how gorgeous the MBS Infinity Pool looked. It was everything I was expecting! One downside is that you can only enter the MBS rooftop/ pool area if you have a room key card, which means it'll be difficult to bring in visitors. You're also assigned to a specific area of the pool due to social distancing, and most of the guests were respectful and kept a distance from one another.

Besides the pool, there were also a few jacuzzis but we didn't even bother trying because it was hogged by other guests, like, for the entire 1 hour. #typicalsingaporeans. Anyway, the view on the jacuzzi's side wasn't as pretty as the one at the Infinity Pool - if that provides some form of comfort.

After 1 hour was up, a lifeguard blew a whistle and everyone was told to vacate the area. I was pretty impressed because this was literally the first hotel I stayed at that took social distancing seriously. When I stayed at other hotels during Covid such as The Fullerton Bay Hotel, Hotel Michael and even Raffles Hotel, no one kept track of how long the guests stayed, so there were always a few CBs who would hog the pool/ jacuzzi for hours on end.

GOOD JOB MBS! *박수*

Another place I've always wanted to visit at MBS was Lavo, one of the rooftop restaurants located at Tower 1. My boyfriend booked a table as a surprise during the last night of our stay, and I was really ecstatic because the place is so attas! Once you enter, it's like you're in a different country. The food was delicious - and of course expensive - but the portions were very, very generous. The service was also amazing and we left Lavo with happy tummies and happy hearts!
lavo
In case you're wondering, we ordered "The Meatball", Potato Gnocchi, a spaghetti (PS can't remember the name but it was tomato based), Nonna's Tiramisu, a glass of wine and a cocktail. The bill totalled to about S$200++.

Bonus: If you're staying at MBS, you may want to take this chance to visit the new Apple Marina Bay Sands! I know this is not very related to the staycation, but some of you may want to see how the new Apple store looks like, so I've dropped some pictures.
mbs apple
The MBS Apple store looks super futuristic, doesn't it?

Despite Covid and the high number of guests, I had a great MBS staycation and found the staff to be efficient and prompt. Everything here was beautiful and luxurious, and I loved living a slice of the high life! MBS definitely lives up to its name and I would want to stay here again even if I had to pay for it.

Thanks for reading and see you next post! (:


Marina Bay Sands
Address: 10 Bayfront Ave, S018956
Telephone: +65 6688 8868


Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out my Hotel Michael staycation review.

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I am definitely adding Marina bay sands hotel to my bucket list. Nice review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! (: Hope you'll enjoy your stay there!

      Delete