Huggs Coffee @ Thomson Plaza: Cosy Cafe For The Working Crowd

by - October 20, 2021

huggs-coffee-thomson-plaza

Hey friends, thanks for tuning in for another food review! Today's review will be about my new favourite study place at Thomson Plaza - Huggs Coffee. My place has been under construction for the past week and it's been super noisy, so my boyfriend and I decided to study at a cafe instead. We've known about Huggs Coffee for a while and their business seems to be doing well since it's always crowded. You can also see a lot of students and working adults grinding away at the cafe.
huggs-coffee-upper-thomson
I love how Huggs Coffee looks - it's bright, modern, and very inviting. The seats look very comfortable and I like the aesthetics of the place.

We found a table next to charging ports, put down our belongings, and proceeded to the counter to place our order. Just a heads up - we ordered a lot of stuff. Like, a lot.
huggs-coffee-thomson-plaza-review
I got myself the Pesto Tomato Chicken Wrap (S$5) and American Beef Pie (S$6)The Pesto Tomato Chicken Wrap was simple but had a decent taste, and if anything, it tasted way better than the ones at Starbucks. I could taste a bit of the cheese and tomatoes as well, although it was quite subtle.
huggs-coffee-wrap
The American Beef Pie was quite delicious and was filled with minced Angus beef. I also liked the crust which was light and moderately flaky.
huggs-coffee-food-review
My boyfriend got himself the Shepherd's Pie (S$6) and Turkey Ham Quiche (S$6). The Shepherd's Pie was filled with ground beef, cheese, carrots, peas, and onions. I did find the flavours to be a little muted, but I loved how the filling was soft and mushy - the perfect comfort food!
huggs-coffee-food
The Turkey Ham Quiche was stuffed with baked turkey ham and fresh spinach.
huggs-coffee-quiche
This was a good one. It was a savoury dish with hints of sweetness to it due to the ham, and the spinach was not watery at all.

View the Huggs Coffee menu


For drinks, I got myself a Cafe Latte (S$6.30) and my boyfriend got two of the Melbourne Latte (S$5). I really liked my Cafe Latte as it was strong and milky. The acidic taste was a bit stronger than I would have liked, but it was generally easy to drink. The Melbourne Latte was pretty good as well, a lot sweeter and less acidic. It was not very foamy and not as milky as my Cafe Latte, and was extremely smooth.
huggs-coffee-review
Anyone who comes to Huggs Coffee may not even consider going to Starbucks anymore! First, the prices of food at Huggs Coffee are much lower than at Starbucks, and second, the quality and taste is relatively better. Oh and did I mention we were also given a complimentary pack of dried fruits and nuts? 
huggs-coffee
I also like the study environment at Huggs Coffee, and there's even a designated study space called the Members Lounge. To be able to use the room, you will have to sign up as a Huggs Coffee member (which is free!) and spend at least S$5 during your visit. There are quite a few perks for being a member as well, such as vouchers, exclusive discounts, and free drinks!
huggs-coffee-members-lounge
If you don't want to sign up as a member, you can still study at Huggs Coffee's general space. However, the seats here don't all have charging ports nearby, and the staff may tell you not to study here during peak hours.

It's nice to know that there's a cosy cafe nearby that I can study at when the drills and knocking start at 9am! If you live near Upper Thomson and are looking for a study place close to home, Huggs Coffee would be a good option.

Thanks for reading and see you next post.

Huggs Coffee @ Thomson Plaza
Address: 301 Upper Thomson Rd, #03-46/47, S574408
Telephone: +65 8030 7279


Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out this Monday Blues review. Follow my Instagram @faithjoanchua and YouTube for more content.

You May Also Like

0 comments