Knockhouse Cafe @ Upper Thomson: Brunch Cafe Review

by - January 16, 2022

knockhouse-cafe-review

Hey, Faithfuls! So to share a little bit about myself, I live at the food haven, Upper Thomson. Many of my friends get jealous when they know I live here, and I can totally understand why. The food options are bountiful and there's always something new. One old and gold place which recently rebranded is Knockhouse Cafe, previously known as Pacamara.

Knockhouse Cafe is a popular brunch spot and because there are fitness studios nearby, you will never miss a girl in yoga pants or a guy with his bicycle. I also love the vibes here - the cafe has great natural sunlight with a nature theme, making it the perfect place to relax and chill after a workout. For those of us who love people watching, you can also do so at the seats beside the glass window.

knockhouse-cafe-upper-thomson

I went there on a Saturday morning with my boyfriend. We just spent the early parts of the day exploring some ulu part of AMK and wanted to get a cuppa. Knockhouse Cafe was relatively empty when we popped by to check out the crowd, so we decided to head in.

knockhouse-cafe

The staff ushered us to one of the long tables where another couple was seated. I'm not a fan of sharing tables with strangers even with social distancing measures in place, but the table was wide enough that I didn't feel my personal space was intruded on.

We scanned a QR code for the menu and headed to the counter to place our order. I got myself the Shrooms On Toast (S$19). It came with creamy mushroom, cheese, truffle oil, and a fried egg served on sourdough bread. I liked the bread although I felt that the texture was a little mushy. The mushroom and truffle oil paired like a dream and the fried add added to the gooeyness and creaminess of the entire dish.

knockhouse-cafe-shrooms-toast

My boyfriend got the Chicken Mac & Cheese (S$18), and when I asked him how it tasted, he said it was a lot cheesier than the one we usually got from 7-Eleven, and a lot more jelak but in a good way. It was also not on the creamy side, but stickier. He also liked that the portion was decent for the price.

knockhouse-cafe-mac-and-cheese

View the menu for Knockhouse Cafe


For drinks, I had the Iced Chai Latte (S$7) and my boyfriend got the Iced Roasted Almond (S$7.50). The coffee here is actually really good. It feels like they don't put a lot of milk, which I like, so you can really taste the coffee as it is. The roasted almond was a good, energizing coffee that was sweet and strong.

knockhouse-cafe-coffee

I don't think the food here is mindblowingly fantastic, but it is delicious and relatively affordable. Also, I really appreciate the portion sizes of the food as many brunch places tend to serve smaller amounts. If you're not looking for something very heavy, you will enjoy the food at Knockhouse Cafe because they give you something to fill your tummy without the overwhelming food coma that usually comes after.

That's all for today, see you next post!

Make a reservation for Knockhouse Cafe


Knockhouse Cafe @ Upper Thomson
Address: 185 Upper Thomson Rd, S574333
Telephone: +65 6397 5564
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐



Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out these other restaurants located at Upper Thomson. Follow my Instagram @faithjoanchua and YouTube for more content.

You May Also Like

0 comments