Bar Cicheti @ Keong Saik: Authentic Pasta Bar Food Review

by - December 12, 2022

bar-cicheti-review

Hey, Faithfuls! I love pasta, and I hope you do too. After my trip to Italy, I found myself craving pasta almost every day for months, but it was difficult to find a place to satisfy my thirst for Italian food. There are restaurants such as Pasta Bar that offer authentic pasta, but they can be pretty expensive. In the case of Pasta Bar, I found their portions to be on the smaller side. My boyfriend recommended me this place called Bar Cicheti, which is located at Keong Saik. He said it was recommended to him by his friend and said we should go try it out.

bar-cicheti-interior

We made a reservation for a Sunday night, which was quite crowded. The menu is simple, and there are only a few items on it. Still, I had difficulty figuring out what to eat because it was so freaking chim—we had to ask the staff for help. Here's what we got.

For starters, we had the Burratina (S$28), served with persimmon, lime vinegar, basil oil, croutons, and sweet basil. The burrata cheese was heavenly—soft and creamy, with a milky taste. Absolutely loved it.

bar-cicheti-crostata-rigatoni

Moving on to mains, I had the Rigatoni (S$30) served with Sicilian pistachio pesto sauce, lemon, basil, and sun-dried datterini. I really, really loved this dish. The pesto was nutty, and the fried datterini added some zestiness that helped cut through the creaminess of this dish. It may not look like a lot, but the pasta was very filling.

bar-cicheti-mafalde

We also had the Mafalde (S$35), which came with pork sausage, broccolini, fennel pollen, and chilli oil. I wasn't the biggest fan of this dish as I thought the sausages were too salty. I did like the mafalde pasta, which was thick and chewy, and liked how the chilli oil gave a bit of an umami flavour.

bar-cicheti-crostata-di-pistachio

For dessert, we had the Tiramisu (S$15), consisting of an egg nog tiramisu spiked with Amaretto, and sprinkled with cocoa powder. The tiramisu had a light texture, and I liked how the taste of the alcohol was subtle. We also tried the Crostata Di Pistachio (S$18), which was a cold Sicilian pistachio tart with sea salt, served with gelato.

View the menu for Bar Cicheti

After trying both Bar Cicheti and Pasta Bar, I have to say that I prefer Bar Cicheti. The portions here are larger, and the dishes are more value-for-money than those at Pasta Bar. The desserts here are pretty good too. Taste-wise, I would say Bar Cicheti and Pasta Bar are on par, but if I had to consider my wallet, I'd choose Bar Cicheti any day for their generous, worth-the-money portions.

Thanks for reading, and see you next post!


Bar Cicheti @ Keong Saik
Address: 10 Jiak Chuan Road, Singapore 089264
Telephone: 6789 9801
Website



Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out this Pasta Bar review. Follow my Instagram @faithjoanchua and YouTube for more content.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Klook.com