Co Chung Vietnamese Restaurant @ Boat Quay: Vietnamese Food

by - December 24, 2022

co-chung-vietnamese-restaurant-boat-quay-review

Hey, Faithfuls! I just visited Vietnam a few months ago, and I've been craving authentic Vietnamese food ever since. During my cousin's birthday, my aunt decided to bring us to a place called Co Chung Vietnamese Restaurant. They have two outlets, one at Plaza Singapura and one at Boat Quay.

co-chung-vietnamese-restaurant-boat-quay-interior

The restaurant looks exactly how you'd imagine a Vietnamese restaurant to be. Just look at these colourful paper lanterns hanging from the ceiling!

vietnamese-flat-dumplings

For starters, we got the Vietnamese Flat Dumpling (S$8.90), which consisted of minced pork and shrimp in steamed flat rice cake, served with special sweet fish sauce. It came in a set of four pieces.

We also had two kinds of spring rolls—Crispy Spring Rolls (S$8.50) and Fresh Spring Rolls (S$5.90). I preferred the fresh spring rolls, comprising a rice paper roll of pork belly, shrimp, noodles, vegetables, and herbs. It tasted super good with their special peanut sauce dip!

co-chung-vietnamese-crispy-spring-rolls

That's not to say the crispy ones weren't good. Served hot, the spring rolls were packed with savoury crab meat, prawns, and minced pork. The skin gave a satisfying crunch as well! These ones came in a set of three pieces.

My aunt's a salad person, so she ordered the Cucumber And Carrot Salad With Prawns And Sliced Pork (S$9.50). The salad was refreshing, with a good mix of sweet and citrusy flavours. The prawns were thick and chewy, and I loved their zesty sweet and sour sauce!

co-chung-vietnamese-banh-mi

It'll be a sin to go to a Vietnamese restaurant and not order banh mi, which is why my uncle and I ordered the Traditional Vietnamese Banh Mi (S$9.96) and Meatball Banh Mi ($9.96). I loved my meatball banh mi, which was very substantial and came packed with hearty meatballs, pickles, cilantro, and drizzled with homemade mayonnaise.

My cousin and his sister had the Pho Beef Noodle Soup (S$11.50), which is made using the restaurant's special family recipe, starring beef bone that's slow-cooked for at least 10 hours. I don't usually get impressed by pho because some restaurants' broth can be underwhelming or not flavourful enough, but the pho here was savoury with a tinge of sweetness.


vietnamese-egg-coffee

As someone who can't survive without coffee, I ordered the Vietnamese Egg Coffee (S$7.95), which was absolutely sweet and creamy. I could also taste the egginess of it, and the cream was a little stickier than normal Vietnamese coffee. Super love.

I was impressed by the food here because it tasted really similar to the food in Vietnam, and the prices were affordable! The hearty portions are also a huge plus. Co Chung at Plaza Singapura tends to be more crowded, and the queues are a lot longer, so if you want to try their food, just visit their Boat Quay outlet instead!

Thanks for reading, and see you next post.


Co Chung Vietnamese Restaurant @ Boat Quay
Address: 5 Lorong Telok, Singapore 049018
Telephone: 8876 8137
Website



Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out this Red Sparrow review. Follow my Instagram @faithjoanchua and YouTube for more content.

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. This blog is appreciable for its content according to me and do check healthcare tips and guides Biotin hair gummies for Hair loss, and keep sharing more knowledgeable content with us.

    ReplyDelete

Klook.com