Folk Yard @ Potong Pasir: Hearty Sandwiches Food Review

by - December 25, 2022

folk-yard-review

Hey, Faithfuls! If you ask me to choose between bread or rice for dinner, I'd choose bread any day. So when I was told that there was this cafe called Folk Yard that sells amazing sandwiches near Potong Pasir MRT Station, I knew I just had to try it out. They've been getting a lot of rave reviews on social media, and though I know I am late to the party to blog about this, it's better later than never, right?


Their menu is pretty simple, with the highlight being their sandwiches. My colleagues have told me that their most delicious sandwich is the Breakfast Sandwich (S$14). There's the option to add on sides, such as fries, onion rings, sweet potato fries, and brussels sprouts, for S$6 each. You can also get the bigger portions for S$8.

The Breakfast Sandwich came with cheesy scrambled eggs, maple hashbrowns, and candied bacon. The bread was quite fluffy, and crisp on the outside. The ingredients were very generous, and the maple bacon added some sweetness to the savoury sandwich. I was very impressed at how such a simple sandwich could taste so delicious.

We added on brussels sprouts, which were quite heavily burnt—but in a good way. I loved how the charred areas gave a nice, smoky crunch.

patty-melt

We also had the Patty Melt (S$16), featuring a wagyu patty sandwiched between chewy sourdough bread alongside caramelised onions and gruyere.

patty-melt

The wagyu was juicy, though I would have preferred it to be salted a little more. The sourdough bread was unfortunately too tough and was hard to even slice through with a knife. But that aside, the flavours in the sandwich were great, and it was really filling.

folk-yard-white-coffee

For drinks, we had a White Coffee (S$5.50) with an extra shot (S$1). The coffee was milky, and I liked how it wasn't too acidic. I'm not the kind to have a heavy meal with caffeine, but I thought the coffee was light enough to end the meal.

If I could give the sandwiches here a rating, I would give the Breakfast Sandwich 9/10 and the Patty Melt 7.5/10. Sandwiches are not always the most filling type of food, especially if you're a big eater, so I'm really glad that I left Folk Yard with a big food baby. The sides were also good, and in the future, I wouldn't mind getting a regular serving of the yummy brussels sprouts.

That's all for today's Folk Yard review, thanks for reading, and see you next post.

Folk Yard @ Potong Pasir
Address: 51 Upper Serangoon Road, #01-59 Poiz Centre, Singapore 347697
Website



Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out these other brunch reviews. Follow my Instagram @faithjoanchua and YouTube for more content.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Klook.com