First Grill @ Bukit Pasoh Review: Smoked Meats In The CBD

by - February 18, 2023

first-grill-review

Hey, Faithfuls! If you work or live in the CBD, I've got news for you. I recently learned about First Grill, located just a few minutes away from Maxwell MRT Station and Outram Park MRT Station. I was there for a media tasting for work, and after trying the food there, I thought that more people should know about this place.

first-grill

I'm into old-school, retro, vibey kind of places, so First Grill was right up my alley. 

first-grill-bukit-pasoh

There are two levels to this restaurant, and we had the tasting at the second level, which resembled a karaoke. bar.

My boyfriend and I were famished. After looking through the extensive menu, we ordered a starter each, a pasta, and two meat dishes.

clam-chowder

I had the Italian Mushroom Soup (S$6), and my boyfriend had the Clam Chowder (S$9). The clam chowder was a clear winner as the mushroom soup was too salty for my liking. Although the clam chowder was served a little cold, the flavours were great and really kickstarted my appetite.

first-grill-pasta

Next, we went for the Creamy Truffle Sauce Iberico Secreto (S$18). The pasta was delicious! It was creamy and almost a lil' jelak, but I always love jelak food. My only complaint about the pasta is that it was also on the salty side, just like the mushroom soup. I did appreciate the generous portion, and my boyfriend, who had a big appetite, found this to be super filling.

first-grill-ribeye

Moving on to the mains, we shared the Australian Grass-fed Ribeye (S$29) served with house greens and onion rings. The ribeye was so tender and slightly chewy, and it was basically just oozing with juices. There were some charred parts of the meat that I found to be quite bitter, but other than that, I had no issues with this dish. The meat was also not too fatty, which I liked.

first-grill-salmon

I also opted for the Atlantic Salmon (S$22), served alongside butter cream sauce, house greens and mashed potatoes. I loved loved loved this dish. The salmon skin was crispy and let out a loud crunch as I bit into it, and the butter cream sauce was just heavenly and paired excellently with the fish. The salmon was soft and tender as well. Alas, some parts of the salmon skin were a little salty—I feel like this word keeps coming up—but it was still tasty, and I finished every part of it.

bukit-pasoh-bars

We ended the night with some alcohol. I had a Chamisul (S$15) soju, while my boyfriend got the Strawberry Mojito (S$16). It was the perfect tipsy dinner.

The food here was actually pretty good, considering the prices and portions. Although the food can be salty, I suppose this can be overcome by informing the staff that you want your food to have less salt. If you're looking for a place to come chill and hang out with friends, you should definitely consider First Grill. Good vibes, good food, friendly staff, and near two MRT stations—there's no reason why you shouldn't make this your next hangout destination.

Thanks for reading, and see you next post!

First Grill @ Bukit Pasoh Road
Address: 2A Bukit Pasoh Road, Singapore 089860
Telephone: +65 8797 8364


Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out these other Singapore bar reviews. Follow my Instagram @faithjoanchua and YouTube for more content.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Klook.com