Bakery 1946 Review: Fruit-Shaped Korean Bread @ Suntec City

by - September 07, 2024

bakery-1946-review

Hey, Faithfuls! I've been a huge fan of the popular Korean bakery Bakery 1946 ever since they opened a pop-up at Bugis Junction. They have now officially opened their first brick-and-mortar store in Suntec City. Here, you can enjoy their iconic fruit and vegetable-shaped breads!

bakery-1946-exterior

Bakery 1946's Suntec cafe has a dine-in area where you can savour these treats in a cosy atmosphere adorned with traditional Korean decor.

bakery-1946-k-apple-bread

One of the standout items at Bakery 1946 is the beloved K-Apple Bread (S$6.20), filled with sweet apple chunks and rich cream cheese. The apple has that distinctively sweet Korean or Japanese flavour, and I really enjoyed the subtle fruity sweetness, which paired perfectly with the creamy cheese.

garlic-manju

My friends aren't big fans of the Garlic Manju (S$4), but I actually quite like it. Shaped like a garlic bulb, this unique treat is filled with smooth white bean paste and has a subtle garlic flavour. While my friends feel the garlic smell and taste are a bit too strong, I think it's an acquired taste that some might really enjoy.

mochi-bread

Another option for sweet bread lovers is the Sweet Pumpkin Bread (S$3.90), which is filled with a sweeter pumpkin bean paste. If you like pumpkin, try this because the pumpkin flavour is quite distinctive.

bakery-1946-whole-chestnut-bread

Another one of my favourites is the Whole Chestnut Bread (S$3.90). It has a mild sweetness with a delightful chestnut filling that carries subtle notes of roasted coffee.

bakery-1946-corn-bread

The Corn Bread (S$3.90) is my absolute favourite because I LOVE corn. I even go to Sushi Express just to order corn sushi, which I know might sound a bit dumb. This bread is incredibly chewy and packed with corn kernels and cream cheese.

carrot-bread

Lastly, don’t miss the Carrot Bread (S$3.90). Despite being made with actual carrots, the bread is subtly sweet and actually doesn't have a distinct carrot flavour. Just like the Corn Bread, the Carrot Bread has a mochi-like texture and is filled with cream cheese.

bakery-1946-cafe

I couldn’t resist revisiting the bakery just two days after my first stop to grab more of their unique bread. While the prices are on the higher side, the texture and flavours are unlike anything else I’ve found in Singapore, making Bakery 1946's bread worth every cent. I’m more than happy to splurge on these treats!

Bakery 1946 @ Suntec City
Address: 8 Temasek Boulevard, #01-604/605, Suntec City, Singapore 038988
Opening hours: Daily 8am to 8pm
Website


Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below. Follow my Instagram @faithjoanchuaLemon8TikTok, and YouTube for more content.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Klook.com