Mercure Singapore Tyrwhitt Review: Affordable Heritage Hotel @ Bendemeer
Hey, Faithfuls! You know I have a soft spot for staycations, especially when they're in neighbourhoods with plenty to explore. This time, I checked into Mercure Singapore Tyrwhitt, a newly refurbished hotel tucked away along Tyrwhitt Road!
The location was honestly one of the biggest selling points for me. It's just a short walk from Bendemeer MRT Station, and it's actually near my office, which made it convenient to head to work the next day. You're also close to tourist spots like Jalan Besar, Little India, and Bugis, so there are plenty of cafes, restaurants and hidden gems nearby if you're planning to spend the day exploring before heading back to the hotel.
I booked the Classic Room with 1 Double Bed, which comfortably accommodates up to three guests. I stayed alone, so you can guess that I got a lot of space!
Although the room isn't huge, the layout made good use of the space and never felt overly cramped.
One of my favourite features was the floor-to-ceiling windows, which overlooked the charming low-rise shophouses below. It gave the room plenty of natural light during the day and made it feel much more open than I expected.
As expected from Mercure, the essentials were all covered. There was complimentary coffee and tea, an electric kettle, mini refrigerator, high-speed Wi-Fi, air-conditioning, a safe, hairdryer, slippers and a TV with cable channels.
The bathroom was modern and well-maintained, featuring both a fixed rain shower and a handheld showerhead, which I always appreciate because everyone has their own shower preference.
Toiletries were provided, alongside fresh towels and a hairdryer. While compact, the bathroom was practical and made good use of the available space.
![]() |
| Image adapted from Mercure Singapore Tyrwhitt |
If you're planning to spend more time at the hotel, Mercure Singapore Tyrwhitt also has a rooftop swimming pool and a fitness centre. The rooftop pool is a lovely spot to unwind after a day of sightseeing or shopping. It's not massive, but it's peaceful enough if you're just looking to cool off or relax for a while. There's also a gym if you'd like to squeeze in a quick workout during your stay.
One thing I really enjoyed was the neighbourhood itself! Tyrwhitt Road has slowly become one of my favourite areas in Singapore. It's filled with independent cafes, artisanal bakeries and local eateries, so you'll never run out of places to explore. There's Abundance, Romme., Prince Noodles and more!
Overall, I had an enjoyable stay at Mercure Singapore Tyrwhitt. If you're looking for a hotel that's well-connected, comfortable and reasonably priced without compromising on modern amenities, this is definitely one to consider. There's also something about this neighbourhood that feels a little more laid-back than the usual tourist hotspots, and having a comfortable hotel to return to at the end of the day definitely made the experience even better!
Thanks for reading, and see you next post~
Mercure Singapore Tyrwhitt
Address: 165 Tyrwhitt Road, Singapore 207569
Telephone: +65 6340 1188
Website

Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out my Oasia Hotel Downtown review. Follow my Instagram @faithjoanchua, Lemon8, TikTok, and YouTube for more content.








0 comments