Beauty Bakerie Makeup Review: Blending Egg Beauty Sponges, Flour Setting Powder & More!

by - July 26, 2020

Beauty Bakerie Makeup Review

beauty bakerie makeup review

When it comes to buying makeup nowadays, I try to be more aware and conscious about the brands I buy from and the companies I support. If you had asked me a year ago I probably wouldn't have cared, but with so much drama going on in the beauty community I'm starting to question if these "Influencers" and beauty YouTubers really deserve the support. Granted, they sell really good makeup, but should I really be supporting the brand of beauty gurus who are racist, xenophobic, and toxic?

Maybe not. On the other hand, there are SO many good and underrated makeup brands out there who should be getting the support but are overshadowed by mega companies and beauty moguls.

One of my favourite brands of all time is this American makeup line called Beauty Bakerie. I actually found out about them when Huda Beauty was called out for copying Beauty Bakerie's branding. Beauty Bakerie has this theme based on food so their makeup packaging and brand surrounds baking and dessert imagery. Their products are amazingly pretty and look good enough to eat! Unfortunately Beauty Bakerie is not on Sephora anymore so they only way to get your hands on their makeup is by buying straight from their Website in the U.S..

beauty bakerie shipping fees

I know, bummer - and so expensive. The international shipping fees cost US$13.83.

Alternatively, Look Fantastic also carries the Beauty Bakery brand, and the prices there are reflected SGD. However the options and products there are very limited so I prefer to buy directly from Beauty Bakery's website.

But after trying their best-selling products, I can confidently say that I won't hesitate to buy again from them again. Why? I'll tell you in today's review!

beauty bakerie makeup

I bought 4 of Beauty Bakerie's most popular and aesthetic looking products - the Flour Setting Powder (US$24), Blending Egg Beauty Sponges (US$18), Lip Whip (US$20), and Cake Pop Lippies (US$10). Do note that their makeup is all vegan and cruelty free. Score!

Let's jump right into the reviews!

1. Blending Egg Beauty Sponges

beauty bakerie blending eggs

I was very excited about the Blending Egg Beauty Sponges because it looks so cute! The beauty sponges also aren't that expensive (only US$18) and comes in a box of 6.

beauty bakerie blending eggs review

I typically prefer applying foundation using my own fingers, so using beauty sponges or blending sponges was a first for me. The beauty sponges from Beauty Bakerie were alright, but not phenomenal. It didn't really blend that well, but I did like how the sponge was sturdy and easy to control.

beauty bakerie blending eggs foundation

Another thing I didn't like was that it absorbed my foundation so most of it got transferred onto the sponge instead of being applied onto my face. Also, it was quite hard to wash my foundation off the sponge after use. This could be because of my foundation as well, but... I'll just stick to using my fingers after this!

2. Oat (Translucent) Flour Setting Powder

beauty bakerie flour setting powder

To tell the truth, I've never used setting powder until I saw this one from Beauty Bakerie. How can I not buy it? It's so pretty! Currently there are 7 different shades of Beauty Bakerie's Flour Setting Powder on their website. I chose the one in Oat because it suits my Asian skin tone the best.

When I first opened this product, I was like wowwwwwww because it really looks like a bag of flour. The packaging is 10/10. The setting powder itself is great too! There's a lot of product and the powder is really pigmented so you don't need to pack a shit load on your face. Since it's quite expensive at US$24, I'm glad that this setting powder will last quite a while.

beauty bakerie flour setting powder review

Now this setting powder's formula is amazing. Thanks to the setting powder's blurring effect, my pores looked visibly smaller after applying it. It also made my skin brighter, and the powder is light so your face won't feel cakey. You can see the difference between my complexion before and after applying the setting powder!

3. Funnel Cake Cake Pop Lippies

beauty bakerie cake pop lippies

If you've been reading my blog long enough you'd know how much I love lipstick. I just had to buy one of these because they were very affordable at only US$10 each! The Funnel Cake shade was also gorgeous, and prior to buying this I often had a hard time finding a coral-nude lipstick that worked well with my skin tone.

The only downer about the Cake Pop Lippies is that it is so small! But I guess that's what you should expect for a lipstick that costs US$10. The packaging is cute but it can look a little cheap - I mean, it is - but still cute nevertheless.

beauty bakerie funnel cake cake pop lippies

The lipstick application was great and it was smooth, easy to apply, and had great coverage. You know how new lipsticks usually need some time for the pigment to "activate"? This one didn't have that problem and I had great pigment on my lips on the first swatch. The shade is also gorgeous and I was so glad to finally find the perfect coral-nude lipstick.

4. Gingersnap Matte Lip Whip

beauty bakerie matte lip whip

Now this lipstick left me shook. This Beauty Bakerie Matte Lip Whip in Gingersnap has to be the best longwear lipstick I've ever worn in my entire life. This shit does not come off. Any other lipstick wouldn't have survived what the Beauty Bakerie Matte Lip Whip went through. I wore a mask for 30 minutes under the hot sun (which would have "melted" the lipstick or had it imprinted on the inside of my mask), kissed my boyfriend, and literally bit into the oiliest, most humongous burger, and 6 hours later my lipstick still looked untouched.

beauty bakerie gingersnap matte lip whip

WHAATT???

But with amazing long-lasting coverage comes a cost, which is that the Lip Whip is super sticky and dries within seconds. If you have dry lips, this lipstick will require you to exfoliate before use or your lips will look flaky as hell. The best way to remove this is by using a makeup remover or the Beauty Bakerie Lip Whip Remover Wipes.

Overall, this is an amazing product and I don't think I've seen a better longwear lipstick than this!

Supporting small beauty brands!


So Beauty Bakerie is actually a black brand and their team is 75% black. This actually made me want to support them even more because the beauty community is constantly dominated by whites and black people have it so much harder growing a business due to discrimination and unfair treatment. Beauty Bakerie's founder is tremendously amazing and talented and she deserves much more recognition for the fantastic brand she's built, so I hope more Singaporeans will start showing Beauty Bakerie support and love because they absolutely deserve it!

If you'd like to buy their makeup, you can click here to visit Beauty Bakerie or Look Fantastic. Do note that some of the products featured here may be out of stock on the official website, so you can cross check on Look Fantastic as well to see if they have stock there.

Read if you want to save monoey: The items listed in SGD on Look Fantastic's website is more expensive than the USD price, even after converting the USD price to SGD. E.g. The Blending Eggs on Look Fantastic cost S$30, but US$18 (~S$24.90) on Beauty Bakerie's site. Same for the Cake Pop Lippies; on Look Fantastic it costs S$17, on Beauty Bakerie US$10 (~$13.83).

However, it is STILL cheaper to buy from Look Fantastic. Here's why.

I actually bought the Blending Eggs and Cake Pop Lippies together from Beauty Bakerie itself and it cost US$41.83 (~S$60.81), inclusive of the US$13.83 (S$19.13) shipping. It is actually more worth buying from Look Fantastic because the Blending Eggs and Cake Pop Lippies at S$30 and S$17 totalled to only S$47 (The S$60.81 I spent - this S$47 = S$13.81 SAVED).

With Look Fantastic's shipping fee of S$8.5, that's only S$55.50 total. Also, Look Fantastic tends to have discounts off their products (including those from Beauty Bakerie) AND you get free shipping when you spend over S$51. So with that said, it's more worth it buying from Look Fantastic, if you don't mind the limited options available.

See you next post!


Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out my Innisfree Cherry Blossom skincare review.

You May Also Like

0 comments