Around Cafe @ Tampines: Glasshouse Cafe Food Review

by - November 08, 2021

around-cafe-review

Hey friends! So I used to live in Tampines before moving to Bishan, and I always believed in #eastsidebestside. Tampines has a plethora of cafes and restaurants popping up every month and one place I really wanted to visit was Around Cafe at The Alps Residences. Greenhouse-looking cafes are all the rage now and Around Cafe has since become an Easties' favourite.

around-cafe-food-review

My cousin and I visited Around Cafe around dinnertime because we hoped that there were going to be less people wanting to have waffles and ice cream at 6pm. We were right! There were lots of empty seats when we arrived so we chose a spot in front of the counter.

around-cafe-tampines

My cousin and I opted to share the Two Rounds (Double Scoop) at S$8, which consisted of waffles and two scoops of ice cream. We went for the flavours in strawberry cheesecake and speculoos. You could also opt to have the waffles drizzeled with maple syrup or Nutella.

around-cafe-waffles

The waffles were light with a soft crisp on the outside. The inside was quite fluffy as well. I absolutely loved my strawberry cheesecake as there was a perfect blend of sweet and creamy flavours. The ice cream scoops were pretty big too! From what I've read on reviews online, the waffles are pretty popular and they may sell out from 8pm onwards, so it's best to come here early.

We also got the Hot Fudge Brownies (S$4.90). I did like the brownies although my cousin thought they were quite meh. They were moderately sweet and quite soft, but I would have liked them a lot more if they were served hot. I liked how the brownies came in quite a decent size.

around-cafe-brownies

View the menu at Around Cafe


Besides desserts, Around Cafe also offers coffee and signature mocktails such as the Watermelon Lush (S$6.90) and Mango Sunshine (S$6.90).

I think Around Cafe is a pretty decent place, it is aesthetic-looking and I can see why many people would like to come here. They are also open until 2am, making it the perfect supper spot! As much as I enjoyed my experience here, I don't think it's the kind of place I would come all the way to Tampines for. We were mildly disappointed with the service as well; although most of the staff were friendly, a few of them were pretty standoffish and when we wanted to go up and place our order, one of them turned us away with a frown, obviously trying to convey that she was busy. So we kind of stood around awkwardly not knowing when we should go up to them and place our order. I've read reviews saying that the cafe serves free water as well, but we did not get any when we were there.

After all, it's just a cafe so I don't expect 5-star service, and it was just a little thing I noticed while I was there. If you happen to be going down to Tampines or find yourselves in the area, you can still pop by Around Cafe for some of their waffles and ice cream to satisfy your dessert cravings!

around-cafe-tampines-review

Thanks for reading and see you next post.

Make a reservation at Around Cafe


Around Cafe @ Tampines
Address: 117 Tampines Street 86, The Alps Residences, S528538
Telephone: +65 9489 1849


Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out these other dessert reviews. Follow my Instagram @faithjoanchua and YouTube for more content.

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. For anyone interested in finding more desserts, I recommend checking out this article review. Lots of delicious dessert options: https://hyperlocalnation.com/singapore_post/best-desserts-in-singapore/

    ReplyDelete