Cenzo @ Club Street Review: Authentic Italian Pasta

by - January 12, 2023

cenzo-review

Hey, Faithfuls! Welcome to the new year, and I hope we all get to eat lots of good food in 2023. One of the few restaurants I got to visit this Jan was Cenzo, which is a relatively new restaurant that opened at Club Street. I'm a big fan of pasta, and I am always interested in restaurants that claim to offer authentic or handmade pasta. I made a reservation and headed down with the boyfie and his fam on a Saturday night.

Cenzo looks pretty atas, and everyone was there dressing to impress. I felt a little underdressed in my jean shorts, but thankfully the staff did not turn me away.

cenzo-interior

We got a nice cosy table for four and proceeded to look through the menu. The menu is simple and is one of those where they don't name a dish but present it as a list of ingredients. You know, one of those atas menus.

cenzo-whipped-ricotta

We took almost 15 minutes just deciding what to order and finally settled on a few dishes. For starters, we had the Whipped Ricotta (S$6), which came with pears and tomato. We also had the Scallop Tartare (S$20), with radish and apple slices. Both were decent dishes and succeeded in getting my appetite rolling. The ricotta was my favourite, and it will also be yours if you're a fan of cheese.

We also had the Roasted Cabbage (S$14), a dish that looks exactly like how it sounds. I loved how the cabbages were lightly charred and had an addictive, smoky flavour.

cenzo-porchetta

There was also the Portchetta (S$48), comprising a slow-roasted pork belly roll served with salsa and celeriac. I didn't try this dish because I'm not a fan of pork and fatty foods, but my boyfriend found it pretty enjoyable and said that the pork skin was very crispy.

cenzo-conchiglie

Moving on to the mains, I had the Conchiglie (S$20) with burnt butter, pumpkin, and sage. The dish wasn't as buttery as I would have liked, but I enjoyed the prominent sweetness of the pumpkin and earthiness of the sage. The pasta was done well and was firm with a slight chew.

cenzo-conchiglie

My boyfriend had the Bucatini (S$30), served with spanner crab and smoked trout roe. This was one of our favourite dishes of the night! The bucatini was thick and chewy, and the smoked trout roe burst in the mouth to offer a pleasant, briny taste. The bits of spanner crab were also sweet and not too fishy.

cenzo-creste

Lastly, we shared the Creste (S$28), starring beef and juniper ragu. I was expecting the beef to have a strong meaty taste, but the flavours were surprisingly rather muted. The sauce was a little watery for my liking, and the pasta was kinda "wet". I would have preferred it to be firmer.


Overall, I had a decent experience at Cenzo and found the food to be delicious. The pasta is generally affordable, and the portions are decent, though I wouldn't say generous. But then again, I'm a big eater, so the portions may be more suitable for those with a smaller appetite. I wouldn't mind coming here again!

Thanks for reading, and see you next post.

Make a reservation for Cenzo

Cenzo @ Club Street
Address: 81 Club Street, Singapore 069449
Telephone: +65 9155 8374



Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out this Sofi Cafe Pizza review. Follow my Instagram @faithjoanchua and YouTube for more content.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Klook.com