YoloFoods Review: Halal-Certified Meal Prep In Singapore

by - September 21, 2024

yolofoods-review

Hey, Faithfuls! I’ve always wanted to eat healthier, but I’m definitely too lazy to meal prep. My cholesterol levels weren’t looking great, and I remember subscribing to a meal prep service during the Covid lockdown. Unfortunately, the experience wasn’t enjoyable—the food didn’t suit my taste, and it was pretty expensive. Recently, though, I decided to give another meal prep brand a try: YoloFoods.

yolofoods-singapore

YoloFoods often has promotions like 30% off, so I’ve been ordering from them bi-weekly for about three months now, and they deliver right to my office. My colleagues are amazed I’m still sticking with it.

yolofoods

You’re probably wondering if YoloFoods is halal, and yes they are halal-certified! This halal meal prep delivery is also easy to enjoy as you can have a healthy meal in just three minutes! Their food is also low in fat, rich in protein, and free from preservatives and additives.

Plus, you can store these meals for up to 3 months in the freezer or up to 21 days in the refrigerator.

I tend to go for the cheaper options because they keep hunger at bay, and I'm a BIG eater. They don’t make me feel overly full, but I’m not left feeling hungry either. Usually, I start off feeling ravenous and worry I’ll still be hungry afterwards, but once I let the food settle, I feel satisfied without that post-lunch food coma.

yolofoods-gong-bao-chicken

One of my go-to meals is the Gong Bao Chicken (S$7.90), a healthier twist on the famous Sichuan dish. It features stir-fried chicken in a fragrant, spicy sauce served with eggplants and brown rice. The chicken is honestly delicious, and with the added crunch from cashews, every bite is satisfying. Pairing it with soft eggplant and tender chicken makes it a winner.

yolofoods-basil-minced-chicken

Another favourite is the Basil Minced Chicken (S$7.90). If you’re a fan of Thai food, you should try this. The minced chicken breast is cooked in a soy-based sauce with aromatic Thai basil, then served with a soy egg and brown rice. The taste is impressive, and I never thought a healthier version of this dish could be so good. It’s a bit spicy, especially if you’re sensitive to heat. Visually, it might not look like much, but it’s easily one of my top picks!

yolofoods-menu

The Honey Miso Tempeh (S$7.90) is another hit. Baked soybean tempeh marinated in homemade miso, served with quinoa and a side of broccoli. It’s sweet, savoury, and crunchy. The broccoli is wonderfully crunchy, and the marinated tempeh is epic.

yolofoods-singapore-menu

One of my favourites, despite its plain appearance, is the Yakiniku Stir Fried Tofu (S$7.90). This vegetarian dish features savoury stir-fried tofu and mushrooms in a house-made Yakiniku sauce, served with brown rice, broccoli, and a sprinkle of cashews. The tofu is tender and soaks up the Yakiniku sauce beautifully, while the mushrooms add an earthy flavour. The cashews add a satisfying crunch, making each bite a perfect blend of textures.

yolofoods-meal-plan

Another standout is the Brown Rice Chicken Paella (S$7.90). If you like spicy food, this one’s for you. It’s a hearty brown rice paella with savoury, smoky flavours, featuring chicken thigh, prawns, and squid. It actually tastes like the paella you’d get from a hawker stall—pretty impressive. The squid is filling, chewy, and fresh.

yolofoods-halal

On the other hand, the Mushroom Barley Risotto (S$7.90) isn’t my favourite. It’s a risotto packed with umami-rich mushrooms and hearty barley for a comforting meal, but it’s not as creamy as I’d like. It feels more like eating barley with sauce, though the mushrooms are delicious and probably the best part of the dish. I still get it once in a while, so maybe I don’t dislike it as much as I think!

yolofoods-singapore-review

For a more indulgent option, I sometimes go for the Herb Chicken (S$8.90). This dish features herbed chicken served over cauliflower rice, with either an egg frittata or steamed broccoli on the side. It’s a light yet satisfying meal with a perfect blend of flavours and textures—definitely worth the extra dollar.

I don’t get tired of the food, maybe because they have a nice variety, or maybe I’ve just gotten used to it. Bi-weekly orders work for me because weekly might be too pricey in the long run, and I might get sick of the taste. Try YoloFoods for yourselves and see if you like it—it's defo more delicious than your boring meal prep chicken breast.

Thanks for reading, and see you next post.


Love this post? Feel free to share and comment below or check out this BFT review. Follow my Instagram @faithjoanchuaLemon8TikTok, and YouTube for more content.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Klook.com